92 Venture carb issues

mpilihp

So I bought a neglected venture with the idea to build up a around the house ditch banger with a deeper lug track and the VMAX front suspension upgrade. First order though is to get it running well and the carbs are a PIA, never dealt with a setup like this, Im an Arctic Cat guy and first 2 stroke yami. Ive cleaned and put in the standard rebuild kit IE gaskets and needle and jets and the single throttle cable setup to run two carbs isnt working well. It will not throttle down all teh way always. Appears there is binding in the butterfly shafts but I could not take one off as screws to plate were stripped.

So I looked at the VMAX carb conversion and again not familiar with yami sleds that appears to be a challenge with not knowing what throttle block is needed or where to get it or the particular oil cable that many say isn't available anymore.

That said I a thinking of trying a pair of Mukini VM34 round slide carbs like AC uses and their throttle cable that also controls the oil pump. The only issue I see is not being able to mate the carbs to the stock airbox but I figure I will just run independent air filters on them.

Anyone know if this has been tried before and if there were any issues/pitfalls?

Thanks

Phil

So old ventures must not be very popular as this is my second post with questions on it here and no responses. Ill post what I find / do concerning this carb swap setup.

I did find flanges that should fit the intake and mate up to the smaller throat of the VM34 carbs. The next issue/concern is the oil pump cable. THe end of the arctic cat cable doesn't match up so I would need to make an adapter to allow connecting the end of the AC cable to the end of the yami cable that would connect to the carbs which would allow adjusting it. The other concern I have is does the pull of the throttle lever which moves the AC oil cable match the pull of the lever on the yami stock carb lever the stock oil cable connects to. Ill need to do a test/compare to see if it is at lease close.

Phil

Back