transfer rods

blevis213

VIP Lifetime Member
Does anyone know how these are supposed to be adjusted.

Attachments

• transfer rods.jpg
    transfer rods.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 12

Go for same Gap you were running before, i always shot for a 50/50 gap with me on it. Just loosen that set screw and the blue part will turn up or down to achieve that gap.

Thanks for the reply Chris I can spin the whole thing with the set screw tight. I can see two lines sticking above the blue piece. So are u saying loosen the set screw and get the blue piece lined up with the lines then adjust the whole thing so it’s 50/50 or have some lines showing on top and then adjust. Sorry for asking probably dump question but not sure how to use these and I know once I get the transfer dialed in it’ll be better out of the hole. Thanks

Do not touch the set screw, it is factory pre-set. The blue collar is spring loaded and should be locked in place at rest so that it doesn't turn. You pull on the blue collar to slide it out of the locked position, then spin it in either direction depending on if you want more lines showing or fewer lines showing. I believe 2 turns of the blue collar equals 1 line, but it's been awhile since I turned 'em. You want to lock the blue collar back into position after spinning it, so that it doesn't spin on its' own, and make sure both transfer rods are adjusted the same before riding. This sets the weight transfer of the skid, whether you want to dangle the skis in the air on takeoff, or if you want flatter cornering with less front end lift, etc.

Great info so as I’m understanding more lines showing less transfer and less lines more transfer.

That sounds right, it's been years since I've made any adjustments, I set them to how I liked and left them. These are so easy to change, it's quick and worthwhile to try both ends of the spectrum just to see how the sled reacts, it was a night and day difference for me.

you need to put your gear on and sit on the sled to see where they are adjusted. or is this with you on the sled? :)

Without me on it. Maybe this weekend i can get my fat a** dressed and you can help me lmao rb2001srx700.

Do not touch the set screw, it is factory pre-set. The blue collar is spring loaded and should be locked in place at rest so that it doesn't turn. You pull on the blue collar to slide it out of the locked position, then spin it in either direction depending on if you want more lines showing or fewer lines showing. I believe 2 turns of the blue collar equals 1 line, but it's been awhile since I turned 'em. You want to lock the blue collar back into position after spinning it, so that it doesn't spin on its' own, and make sure both transfer rods are adjusted the same before riding. This sets the weight transfer of the skid, whether you want to dangle the skis in the air on takeoff, or if you want flatter cornering with less front end lift, etc.

Learn something new every day! Good info. Looks like I got lucky messing with that screw. I always loosened it before turning.

Back