Full throttle bog

zcon4707

VIP Member
Finally got my 97 Phazer SS put together and back out. from start to mid throttle its screaming, yet when i go from mid to full throttle it bogs right out. I have my air/fuels at 1-1/2 turns out and idles beautifully at 1600. Also note that at mid throttle i was able to hit almost 70 mph before going to 3/4 throttle noticing it bog out. Any help is greatly appreciated

Finally got my 97 Phazer SS put together and back out. from start to mid throttle its screaming, yet when i go from mid to full throttle it bogs right out. I have my air/fuels at 1-1/2 turns out and idles beautifully at 1600. Also note that at mid throttle i was able to hit almost 70 mph before going to 3/4 throttle noticing it bog out. Any help is greatly appreciated

Hows the carbs look? Clean? Stock jetting?

3/4 and up usually leads me to believe there's something plugging the main jet. Could also be that the screen on the fuel needle is plugged up and you're just plain running out of fuel, could be a float height issue causing fuel starvation, could be a weak fuel pump not keeping up, plugged up fuel filter. Start by pulling the carbs and cleaning them thoroughly, run a wire through all the jets. Remove the needle and seat and float, clean out the inlet screen, blow out all the passages with solvent then compressed air. Reset the float height to factory spec, make sure it has factory spec main jets if the sled is all stock. If none of that fixes it, look into the fuel pump, filter, fuel lines.

Back