Vmax 700 clutching/jetting recommendation

JGRIZZ

Hello,

I just picked up a Vmax 700 set up for ice drag racing (well sort of) track is chiseled up. List of mods that I know of are.

PSI triple pipes, Trail & case porting, V force reeds/spacers, still has 3 layers on head gasket,130/135 compression.

Current jetting is 150 main, 50 pilot 2 turns on fuel screw, still need to check needles. currently no air box, but I have one. transfer rods.

I have short cover primary/stock spring & 8ch 8dn & 8ca weights (rivets in both holes on all). Stock secondary.

Any base line set up suggestions for hot trail/lake race would be great.

Thanks !!

hello.

you did check the tec pages for the user set ups? ones for sx, sxr or xtc will work. i know that was a pretty popular set-up back in the day.

Yes couldn't find anything with my motor/pipe combo. I did gather a 52/42 or 51/43 helix might be a good start. Looking at my secondary again it has a Bender 46/36 helix?? That don't seem right?

Anyone have a 52/42 helix for sale? Also using the short cover primary what weight/spring combo should I start with? Thanks .

Hello,

I just picked up a Vmax 700 set up for ice drag racing (well sort of) track is chiseled up. List of mods that I know of are.

PSI triple pipes, Trail & case porting, V force reeds/spacers, still has 3 layers on head gasket,130/135 compression.

Current jetting is 150 main, 50 pilot 2 turns on fuel screw, still need to check needles. currently no air box, but I have one. transfer rods.

I have short cover primary/stock spring & 8ch 8dn & 8ca weights (rivets in both holes on all). Stock secondary.

Any base line set up suggestions for hot trail/lake race would be great. oh , and put the air box in !

Thanks !!
those psi pipes should run a 47.5 pilot with 3 turns out on the fuel screws! needles at the 3rd , 4th, 4th , pos. mains at 145 across the board! with your short cover,run the 8ch weighing 42.5 grams. it needs a different primary spring , not sure what the number is but if you can find out what the green psi spring is , then get somthing close to it. 52 /42 cam is a good choice. and try to run at 9100 rpm! and put the airbox back in

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply's !! Hopefully going to run it this weekend before the ice melts. Did PSI make 2 different triple pipes? Stock blaster? Mod blaster? how can you tell the difference?

Also based off spring selection would a tall cover/primary be a better way to go? My 8ch's weigh in at 43.91g is this stock? going to try stock spring with 2-3 shims.

Thanks for the reply's !! Hopefully going to run it this weekend before the ice melts. Did PSI make 2 different triple pipes? Stock blaster? Mod blaster? how can you tell the difference?

Also based off spring selection would a tall cover/primary be a better way to go? My 8ch's weigh in at 43.91g is this stock? going to try stock spring with 2-3 shims.

what is your shift out rpm? those pipes need to shift out at around 91- 9200 rpm. adjust your flyweights accordingly.you need a different primary spring! try to find a psi green primary or close equivilent.

Back