2000 SRX 700 pick up coil

jaydaniels

VIP Member
Anyone know if you can buy an aftermarket pickup coil? My stator is fine but pick-up coil is bad. Seems you need to buy them as a unit from Yamaha. I noticed you can buy them for other Yamaha machines. I wonder if the actual pick up coil is the same but is not listed for the srx700 because the srx comes as a unit with the stator.

Interesting question.I am thinking all SRXs use the same pickup coil but the V Max may be the same too.They generally come as a set,the stator and pickup.If you can fins a junk stator just grab the pickup coil off it.I rarely see anyone say that part has failed,it's usually the stator.

It just needs to be the same ohms.
Lots of places sell them on their own.
Of note, if you install the new one and the machine is hard to start or idles erratically, switch the wires. They can be polarity sensitive.

I ended up finding a used stator with pickup coil. But this is the second time I’ve had just the pickup coil fail and not the stator itself. Would be great to know if you can use one from another model. Also, pickup coil can be changed without removing the flywheel.

Back