Extended Throttle Cable for 1 into 2 (newer style throttle block)

Ding

Darn Tootin'
What did you guys find for an extended version of the 8EN-26311-10-00 throttle cable that comes stock on the 2004-2006 Mtn Viper? This is the 1 into 2 cable.
[FONT=&quot]8EN-26311-10-00[/FONT][FONT=&quot]8EN-26311-10-00[/FONT][FONT=&quot]8EN-26311-10-00[/FONT][FONT=&quot]8EN-26311-10-00[/FONT][FONT=&quot]8EN-26311-10-00[/FONT][FONT=&quot]8EN-26311-10-00[/FONT]

I think it is power mad that makes a 1-2 converter. I have seen it used long ago to put tall bar risors on the older yamahas. not sure how different the end that goes into the block would be. I think it gave you 8inches of extra lenth.

Good reminder - I think maybe the best thing to do is simply extend the single cable portion. Currently I have the old style throttle block, but I have broken at least 5 of them. Every time you roll the sled in the snow they seem to crack the block. Goes unnoticed for a while but over time loosens up and the throttle block twists which generally results in hitting the kill switch with your leg while side-hilling (not good). The old style is of course single piece and you have to take the grip and warmer off to replace. I am hoping to convert to the 2 piece (newer style). I hope it is more durable, but even if it isn't I can replace it without pulling the grip and warmer. Currently I am running the RSI long cables I think (separate throttle and oil pump cables). The PowerMadd extension is similar to the F, S ZX chassis Skidoos which had the long rectangular 1 into 2 connections. I always thought these increased throttle pull, but never really proved it. It was likely more the big round slide carbs on those that made throttle pull so heavy.

So does anyone know of short single cable extensions available?

I think I can take an 8EN cable (Viper Mtn) and extend the lever side of the splitter. The round splitter used by Yamaha works really well.

Back