best rear skid for a 99 vmax deluxe

rich1374670x

Looking to replace the rear skid, which one is recommended SC10,2,3,4? Mono skid? or ? Or just work with the pro action. Anybody have experience with this type of swap or buy a sled already swapped? Thanks in advance.

do a search of the viper/srx section as there was a few guys that put the mono in those.

i know snowxr had put a cat skid in his viper and ding put an xtx suspension in a viper but they went longer track as well.

i do know that the long travel proaction skid will bolt right in with no drilling if you want to take the easyest route. can be made to ride decently with a custom valving for your weight/style in the shocks.

anything that was sxr, sx viper, sx venom and sx venture as most yamaha sleds from 2000 up was usually long travel. yours might have been up dated with the long travel shocks by a po at some point as it is a 1999.

How much travel do they have? Everything i have read and watch states the 99 vmax deluxe has 11" of travel. Do the vipers have more?

they where 11.5" of travel. if your travel is the same, you might just need a shock re fresh/revalve. i do know the mythical olins make that skid ride pretty well as i do have a set on a sled.

Back