Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: srx reeds in an sx motor how to

Quote Originally Posted by jabber800
    I just did this mod to our sx, added phazer boots, a boost bottle and 35.5mm carbs. All I can say is I sure had to go up in my jetting!!!!! 4 sizes up and I was still very lean... Hoping to get a bit more time on this set up this weekend..
    I have never found a boost bottle to make a sled lean, also, the porting or use of viper reeds should not cause a lean spot. I think what you are getting is a reduction in suction by using bored carbs, this is very common. Hopefully the guy that bored them did so offset and left the floors stock, only taking the material from the upper part. If not, it can really mess up your pilot and idle circuit and sometimes have to use different slides to compensate for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie
    Why not use an SRX carb adapter to go with the SRX reeds instead of modifying the 8CH carb adapter?
    It really doesn't matter because neither one will truly mate up to the stuffer without grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie
    Why not use an SRX carb adapter to go with the SRX reeds instead of modifying the 8CH carb adapter?
    the carbs boots are way differnt angles for carb mounting between the sx and srx/viper, they wont interchange so you need to sand out the sx boots to go with the bigger reed blocks.
    It's just a little 700!

like every body says stay with the air box and i run holtzman temp compensator mounted inside the air box u never have to rejet ur sled u jet it for -30 and when it warms up it ajusts to air temp out side. run ur triple pipes power inc down pipes or a slp 3 into i can work very well allso. mine makes 17 miles to the gallon . beats up on a lot of older 800s

So is this mod worth doing compared to just the reed knotch mod?

Senior Member Stock

Yes it is. Be very careful if the engine is assembled not to get debris inside.

Senior Member Improved

You could always send your stuff to mrviper700 and he can do the work for you and make them jugz flow better to accept the more air. Remember You have to be able to get all that air out. I sent my stuff to him last Friday can't wait to get It going again.
    97 700 sx
    Ported case,jugs, and moded pistons. Done by mrviper
    Srx reeds and cages moded
    Reed spacers
    Aaen triple pipes
    Air box mod
    6" fly racing bar risers
    1" camoplast energy track
    2011 apex handlebars
    22/40 gears
    Viper front shocks xtc radius rods
    Xtra 10 skid