vmax 540 info WANTED!!!

03viperguy

looking for all and any info I can get about these cool old sleds. thinking I will be finishing (at least for now) the trail twister this winter and will be looking for another project next year. this sled has made the list, just they look awesome and I want a yamaha project this time around :) either this or a phazer 2, or an old srx. srx is amazingly last on the list. probably my favorite classic yamaha, just not as trail friendly as a vmax or phazer. more front end travel lol! thanks for any advice, links, prices to expect, and problems to look for! thanks guys, you :rockon:
Eric

what yo figure an 83 without any spark is worth? what sort of power was put out by them? availability of parts etc? thanks!

Why not an 81' SRX? It's a little bit of everything you've mentioned. Here's a pic of mine from last spring.

DSC02838.jpg

I would if I could find one easy and cheap, but the higher production run of the vmax 540 makes it easier and cheaper to find lol! want the pogo front end (damn, never thought I would say THAT lol! do love the 81 srx, pretty much a 540 with a smaller engine :)

depends on the price I suppose... I am really going to be making less $$ soon for the winter ( I only plow in the winter) so I was thinking about getting one in the spring/summer. what do you want for it?

It's worth somewhere between $750-$900 but I'm not positive on what I want to get out of it. Ultimately I hate to part with it, but I lost a lot of storage space since last spring and just don't have the space to deal with it properly.

I might be partial but ... I'd buy Dustins sled and use mine for parts if I thought just for 1 second my wife wouldn't SHOOT me !!! LOL
Call Chuck (VMAX 540 on here ) and search his posts he is very helpful , he even brought his VMAX to the Elkland PA show just so I could see how they made the wide kits ! He's a great guy and I couldn't have gotten my sled where it is without him .
Hey Chuck ! If you see this THANKS !!!!
Kevin ;)! ;)! ;)!

does look like a nice srx, I just dont have much cash right now, thats why I was just researching for now. but if it looked good and he would hold it through the winter... ;) unless my father gets ULTRA generous lol! he is a collector ;)

Back