Any Younger Guys Out There?

Yamitoba

Am I the only one riding a yamaha at my age? LOL i think i'm still considered a youngster...14 :rocks: I guess yamaha's are too good for the younger guys these days eh? hahah... I want to see what kind of sleds younger guys have mine's just a 96 phazer, its my first sled and i'm happy with it for now. My dad was riding one when he was 30.
Let me know.

I'm 19 years old. I ride a SRX. I think the reason kids aren't into the Yamaha's as much is because they don't see Yamaha at the snowcross track so they think Yamaha's aren't as good as the rest. Hopefully the Nytro will draw the younger crowd in.

Yah... that's most likely the reason. Personally I dont think that's a very big problem since i'm doing mostly trail riding anyways. But I agree, the whole line up of 06 will bring all kinds of new people I'm guessing just from ride reports and reviews there's been lately.

Im 16 years old and I drive an 02 viper. I started off by driving a 97 600 for 2 years, than a 700 with triple pipes. now the viper :P

Hey, I'm 17, I'm running a '99 VMAX SX 600 Triple, pretty much stock except for the track. I put a track on there from a '01 SRX. No studs. Yeah it sucks. I got this sled last Feb, and will probabley sell it this spring or summer. I'll be looking for a Black Viper or my uncle's '01 SRX 700 Mod. That 700 is FAAAAAST.

Im 16 now i had a 1999 phazer for my first sled me and my older brother shared it i rode that for 4 years and i bought a 1997 vma600 last year put a bender silencer clutch and thinn head gasket, and reeds on it to its a nice sled beats my dads 1998 srx :WayCool:

Awesome... if i get bored this summer i'll probly take a look at some mods. I'll see how it is this winter just stock though... go phazers! :die:

Im 15 and I ride a 1998 Sx 600 Twin with a bender can, 50/44 helix, thinner head gasket, reed spacers, 98 picks, 3" Rec Riser, Tag X5 Bars, Sportech Carbon Fiber Handgaurds, white screens, plastic skis... soon to come - adjustable transfer rods, drop brackets, handlebar knobs, cut windshield and spray black, and maybe a 1.25 or 1.5 ripsaw... sleddin is what I wait for all year so once its the season it seems all my money goes toward the sled...

Hey VmaxSx600,
If you're running picks right now, my advise to you is too keep a picked track on. That ripsaw(1.25") or that hacksaw (1") are both good tracks, but if you care anything about top end, you won't do it. Depending on your weight, I would put a 1" camoplast with 96 down the middle. In my experience with studding tracks, this will give you the best set-up. The problem with running that hacksaw is that every 3 windows of the track is open. This track simply eats up your slides if you're on icey trails or lakes with little snow. ttyl. bdun.

VmaxSx600,
Yeah hey exactly it also depends on what kind of riding you do. If you're going to be tearing through powder and deep stuff, then those rip and hacksaws are for you. I just figured since you're by lino lakes that you do quite a bit of lake and trail riding like me over here in North Central Wisconsin.

im 16 and trail ride a 2000 trail improved srx (121 mph in 2000ft. in north bay) and will be racing a 2002 full 700 improver iantomassi srx this year, looking for 130 mph. also ran a 2000 iantomassi machh z 800 improver in north bay (139.2 mph).

Last edited:
I'm an 18 yr. old FEMALE that started out riding a 1976 Yamaha Exciter 440 when I was six....then I moved up to a 2001 SXR 500 and now I am moving up to a 06 Apex-ER.......show me the snow and I'll be there!!

the srx's are my dads, i just race them and help work on them, tune them with him. but i do pay for some of the racing costs, trail perments etc.

I'm 16, ride a '99 600sx triple with pipes, clutch kit, head gasket mod (looking to do this on friday), m-10, 9818 1.25" camoplast track. It's great fun to modify these things yourself and learning about sleds is probably the only education I am interested in at the moment.

To answer 98srx6's question... I think I speak for all of us when I say "we can't afford it" lol... well most of us anyway. I had my parents finance me i'm still paying back and will be probably well into next summer. Every penny is worth it though! I got off snowboarding with a knee injury last winter (torn ACL) got a sled and don't know if I'm going back to snowboarding... although it was a LOT cheaper! lol

Last edited:

Back