Show off your Yamaha

yamaracer423,

The seat is $450'ish, PM Freak on snowest for a killer deal on boss seats and he is a great guy to deal with. My narrow top highrise is not as comfortable as the highrise widetops, but i prefer the more dirtbike/sport quad feel and I dont sit much at all riding so if you stand all day riding the narrow top is nice since it doesnt hit the inside of your legs as much.

Auji700tripple,

Why not have a short flap? It is unnecessary weight and drags in deep snow conditions and since cooling is not an issue with my sled I just hacked over half of it off. Also I could care less about the guys behind me i am on trails, the short flap is their problem not mine, lol. I would have it removed all together but the rivets to get it off seem pretty stout so I just took the saw to it and called it good.

thanks for answering my question... i figured without it, there might me a chance of over heating.. but i guess not... i Agree with people that follow Mtn sleds around on trail... they get the worst of it, ice chunks Ga-lore!! its funny cuz as i drive i look back and see the guys curled behind there windy and im laughing so hard cuz they can't do anyhting about it since there sled isn't fast enough to pass mine... lmfao!

Thanks sx, The led light has the three wires comining out the back in the center , i just drilled a hole in the center of the lift bar big enough for the wire to go into , ran the wires through the lift bar , down to the hose covers on the side , then ran the wire up under the seat ,then riveted on the bar . you can see about 2 inches of wire coming from the hose covers up under the seat , worked pretty well ....hope no body a$$ packs me this year , but thats why the light is there , so they dont ....

thanks kixx...see i knew i likes it ... :o|

my 98 sx

The Red Mater..... :2strokes:

Attachments

• Dscf0008.jpg
    Dscf0008.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
ak-ryda, can you measure your rear bumper height for me. Yours looks alot like mine in the rear. I like my hi rise too. I do alot of standing while riding too, and it sure makes it easy for a 6'3" fat a$$ to get to the standing posistion. Thanks Maxdlx

B2SO said:
hope no body a$$ packs me this year , but thats why the light is there , so they dont ....

thanks kixx...see i knew i likes it ... :o|

Uhm.

I like it too, I had just read that thread, then saw this thread where you asked about it... That LED is awesome.. Is it pretty bright.. Take a pic in the dark with it running.
;)!

daman said:
Hey IKE, hows the old VM-540 run?? she rip?????

Yep! That thing is really fast for it´s size. We had a GYT twin piped -96 XT what couldn´t touch it on the lake. They were close , but this -84 just kept pullin away... Crazy thing! Hearing protection is a must LOL!

My red 800 is a -96 MountainMax ( 136` track) Love the power on that thing. Last sunday I rode it the first time for this season. It never gets boring!

I´ve got it 182 kmh (113 mph) on GPS once. Enough for me.

Ike

Last edited:
kixx007 said:
Uhm.

I like it too, I had just read that thread, then saw this thread where you asked about it... That LED is awesome.. Is it pretty bright.. Take a pic in the dark with it running.
;)!

I would if i could , but there is no motor in the sled :o| :die: ...but all should be ok by this weekend :bling:

Ike said:
Yep! That thing is really fast for it´s size. We had a GYT twin piped -96 XT what couldn´t touch it on the lake. They were close , but this -84 just kept pullin away... Crazy thing! Hearing protection is a must LOL!

My red 800 is a -96 MountainMax ( 136` track) Love the power on that thing. Last sunday I rode it the first time for this season. It never gets boring!

I´ve got it 182 kmh (113 mph) on GPS once. Enough for me.

Ike

Cool.......a friend of mine hade a '85 that thing was fun and fast... nothing could tuch it back then.

Your 800 is sweet i've never riden one but would love too. hold on too it and keep her mint ther rare breeds. ;)!

2ooosrx said:
lol, everytime I see that sled, I swear you have never driven it, looks brand spankin new. Great job reviving it.

Oh gets driven hard.. I will have videos to show when the snows flys. I don't fun it through branches. Its never been outside. Its always in an enclosed trailer. Oh and its owned by a super fussy person..haha. I hope to wack the kms to it this winter. I only have about 2,800kms which is about 1750 miles. Everyone around here says how crazy I am on the trail. Its going to be hard to let this one go. I might keep her and mod it out. Time will tell. Thanks for the compliments. I appreciate it. I have too many hours into this thing. ;)!

Last edited:
It does look nice, you look like you must be my long lost twin, I am crazy about sled cleaning as well lol! thaw, clean and wax nearly after every ride. unless I get back real late and get out on the trails super early the next morning. figure it was expensive, ought to take care of it! looking sweet guys, all nice sleds. like the mater too, makes me miss the old 97 600sx I had. LOVED the ohlins loL!

Here are some pics of my 04 Viper.....

Attachments

• Viper 05 014.jpg
    Viper 05 014.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Viper 05 013.jpg
    Viper 05 013.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Viper 05 012.jpg
    Viper 05 012.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Viper 05 011.jpg
    Viper 05 011.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 70
All you guys with VM4's, how are they on fuel be honest?......I may be buying one to add to the stable.

when I had a 96 vmax 4 I remember thinking I was doing AMAZING when I was able to get 10mpg. 6-8 was commonplace on the beast. but it was soooo worth it for the power and sounds it made :)

Back