Clutch springs

Mtnviper

VIP Member
Allan
Do you have any primary clutch springs in the 60kg preload to 135kg finish, range?
What I'm trying to do, is see if I can make a set of 8bu's work in a piped Viper for the snow drags. I would like to get the engagement up to 5000-5200, and I need another 300-400 rpms through out the shift, over what the Y/W/Y spring provides.

Thanks
Bill

Yep, i guess its that time of the year again. i figured you'd be getting ready for that race by now. Im going to drag the 02 down to ms and have all summer to work on it get it ready for jan. 07 race. ill throw it in the back of truck about a week before the race and head up to washington. ill take it back to michigan and ride for a few weeks after. just planning a good vacation for next year. If i was back in the states, i have all them shims and bender orange springs i could lend ya just to test to find that engagement and RPM's your looking for but i hope it all works out for you. Good luck and i hope you win that 800 improved class this year. I remember those folks running polaris's were pretty quick with that 800 improver.

The only springs I would have in stock would be the Dalton Blue or the Dalton Green that ski speaks of. I'll be out of the shop tomorrow, but will be back in on Tuesday and can take a look then.

Tom
I hope all is going well for you in the desert! Yeah it's getting to be that time again! Last year's set up worked pretty good, but I'm going to try and fine tune it some more. You know me, always looking to improve! Going to try and get the engagement up a tad, so I can let her "sing" at the line, without worrying about "creeping" at the light. She should really come off those launch pad's then! We'll see how the testing go'es, if it's not working out I figure I can always go back to last year's set-up.

Ski
Thanks, good info! I had forgotten that Dalton make's primary springs for Yammies.

Spec
Let me know what ya got. Any idea, roughly what the engagement would be for those springs (8BU's 16mm roller's)? The spring rates look like they're close. So should be able to tune the shift pattern with rivit's.

Bill

Dalton Black Blue should raise it about 400 rpm on the engagement and the Black Green should raise it about 5-600 rpm on the engagement. I'll shoot ya a PM tomorrow.

Back