Suggestion: Seller/Buyer Feedback Section

MtnMax600

I am not sure if this was suggested before, might have been but i will throw it out there. I suggest a section of the forum dedicated to seller/buyer feedback. It would be good in order to know something about who you are buying from or selling to. Since this site has A LOT of stuff moving thru the classifieds it could be a helpful section. If possible, you could make it so this 1 section is available to both 2 and 4 stroke forums. Just a thought.

This is a copy and paste of the rules from another forum I visit that has a lot of stuff move thru classifieds. It seems to work out well there.

1. This forum is for feedback ONLY. No chit chat! This isn't the section for working out disputes. Just like on ebay, you can respond to feedback, but if it gets drawn out it will get locked.

2. Before starting a new thread to post feedback, do a SEARCH for that user name and make sure that a thread does not already exist. We don't want multiple threads going for the same person.

The best way to search and find out if there is existing feedback thread on any member is to alphabetize (order) the list and find the member name from there. Click on the underlined "Thread" link and there you have it:

its a good idea...we use it on a few forums i frequent as well(god forbid :p)...a lil difference tho, is we dont have a section of the forum...it kinda works like a warning system...you can add or subtract points from the seller/buyer depending on how the transaction works...really is usefull to know if the seller's a good guy or a scammer...

there are not too many people here that have been scamed. Does not happen that often on TY. Rather then taken server space with long posts about how good a transaction was with a TY member maybe some simple rating number under our user ID.

If you look below your name you will see a small bar started...you will need to go into your user CP and enable your reputation under options...we will have to set the reputation levels as this gets going...you can leave feedback for a users posts or selling ability...lets see how this goes.

I think it would be better than the reputation. little more like ebay in that you could find if the seller is a fast shipper or if the buyer pays quick. just a bit more info would be given is all :)

has anybody ever buy anything off coles_55? I bought some sxr shocks off of him about a month ago and im getting a little worried because ive never had to wait this long to get something shipped and I order ALOT of stuff off the internet.

devinzz1 said:
has anybody ever buy anything off coles_55? I bought some sxr shocks off of him about a month ago and im getting a little worried because ive never had to wait this long to get something shipped and I order ALOT of stuff off the internet.

have you contacted him about it? that'd be your first step.

devinzz1 said:

I have, it took a little while to get some stuff since he was shipping it out from where he is employed and they kept forgetting it on the shelf. Just send him a PM, he was very good to deal with and I would do it again.

SXlover said:
I have, it took a little while to get some stuff since he was shipping it out from where he is employed and they kept forgetting it on the shelf. Just send him a PM, he was very good to deal with and I would do it again.

Thanks. Just feels a little risky buying stuff of a complete stranger for the first time. Ive been ripped off before and it sucks. If all goes well Il put out a good name for him when the time comes.

devinzz1 said:
Thanks. Just feels a little risky buying stuff of a complete stranger for the first time. Ive been ripped off before and it sucks. If all goes well Il put out a good name for him when the time comes.

Thats part of the reason for the VIP... trying to make it so guys can feel good about buying from a VIP member instead of someone that doesnt want to contribute.... at least we will have his info on file if something does go wrong.

Look at their join date, total posts and where & what there posts were. Might give you some insight. Although I just bought some bogies and a W arm off of paulw. He didn't have a whole lot of posts and everything was absolutely fine.

I just look for VIP. It's like I said before, anyone can postwhore their account up. Hence post count to "unlock" selling was bad news. I bought a starter gear from a VIP member with 36 posts and it showed up quicker than a helix I purchased from another fellow. The starter gear came from Michigan, helix Wisconsin...

JM .02

Its been a week since I contacted him (twice) and still no reply. If I dont receive them on monday im going to have to contact my bank and cancel the transaction.

Back