good clutch kit for srx

So why is the 8bu not the hot setup now? I changed to those,along with different springs and helix, and my machine is much faster then it was? Are you saying I shoulda stuck with my old setup?

There are differnt weights for differnt purposes, no 1 weight does it all in a yamaha stock weight, someone asked for a stout trail set up, they got it with 8dn-20's, if your more into drag racing alot, 8bu-00 are a great weight, if your into top speed radar runs then a 8dn-00 are for you.

Set your sled up for the riding you do 90 percent of the time..., dont worry about the other 10 percent, just deal with the 10 percent, good or bad, otherwise, youll have something your not going to enjoy the other 90 percent of the time you ride it.

Turk, those 8dn-00 are what robert (srx102) used when he was in the high 130's mph.......... thats movin out......................

I use nuts and bolt in all my yamaha weights, use a 1/4 -28 tap in them and get bolts,nuts,washers from your local hardware store, works great and opens up all kinds of windows to tuning, no one wants to tune, they want it all given to them.

Last edited:
I was hoping on still having a good top speed. Mrviper700 will that first clutch setup with the 8dn-20 weights still deliver a good top speed? I want a good trail sled setup but I also go to the lake alot and wouldnt mind some giving some of those ZR900s and xcr 800s some competition. Most of the fast sleds were I go are doing about 110mph on radar. Will I be able to compete with that with the 8dn-20 setup?

just try the 51/43 with that set-up he reccomends for the stock weights, youll be too busy pounding out rivets out of your weights all the time to get it to pull the Rpm's with that much helix

Are these only for the 700's or will this setup work for a 99 SRX 600? Turk gave me some suggestions and I'm still looking for some 8bu-00's and a 45/39 helix, silver secondary spring at 70 degree wrap.

How would me viper setup compare to Hauck g helix with 89 10 a weight and springs to match?
Any advantage to one or the other? Also, with clutch setup how does srx stand up to a 2014 Viper?
Thanks

much harder accelaration, much better backshift, its a very stout set up

8dn-20's with 4.5 rivets both holes, with either of the 2 following springs.
yamaha yellow/silver/yellow primary spring or a white/white/white yamaha spring, the white one is slightly more engagement speed is all.
w/w/w is 45/119, the y/s/y is 35/118

anyone of the following: 48-42, 50-42, 51/43,52-42 helix with green spring and set somewhere between 60-80, depends on your weight,traction,helix you choose,etc.

works in any year srx with great results

Mrviper700 thanks for posting. I just purchased a 1998 SRX700 it came with new in the bag parts. I believe the previous owner was putting something like this together.

Here is what I have, 8dn-20 weights, yellow/silver/yellow and white/white/white primary springs, 50-42 helix, silver and red secondary spring.

ill set up the weights with 4.5 rivets. can any of the two secondary springs be used?

Also is it better to have higher engagement speed? (im trying to learn more about clutching)

Back