Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat skid Install in Pro-Action Tunnel

Thanks for the info. I'll probably follow through with that swap soon as the snow is gone. I'd gladly sacrifice a bit of handling to save my back. I can't wait to tell my ac buddies that I'll be swapping the pro action into that cat so that it will finally be able make the turns on the trail muhahahaha...

That wildcat hasn't ran for a few years actually. My buddy said last time he tried to go out with it it started and he drove it on the trailer, drove to the launching point for ride that day and never made it off the trailer b/c it wouldn't start again. Ended up getting a new sled and 2 years later the wildcat ends up in my garage. This one doesn't have e- start, or at least no battery. Don't really know a whole lot about it or wildcats in general except back in the day they were a fairly desirable sled. I did try to inspect some wireing at first, then realized there was a lot more of it than I expected for a 94 or whatever year it is. I'll dig into it soon and start a thread in off brand. Need to do a little re assembly I think before asking too many questions first, there will be plenty of em for sure. I'm thinking I'll start with the kill switch, tether and cdi and go from there.

If its an EFI sled, it has to have a battery. Thats what runs the ecu and fuel pump when you turn it on. I don't have electric start either. Post a pic and I can tell what year it is. All I know is if that battery goes below 12 volts, the whole sled goes nuts. Backfiring, not starting bogging, running on 1 cyl. Thats the first plan of attack. I wouldn't go out and buy the y14 one either(I did though). Their $45 at walmart. Just put your riding mower battery in there. Yeah, the wiring is nuts on those for the year. They do also have a tors but its called tss(throttle safety system). Its not like yamis and limp the motor, it will act like another kill switch. Tons of ppl have them go bad. Thats the one thing that wasn't wrong with mine. Could be what happened to yours. No throttle switch, they have a tps. I can tell you how to bypass that when you get that far.
    Lets see, they have a tps, ambient air temp sensor, coolant temp sensor(2), crank position sensor(2, one to fire injectors and one to trigger spark), there may be 1 or 2 more can't remember. The battery goes right below the ecu and probably has more then 1 wire on each terminal. You will notice a lot of brown wires. Those are all grounds and there everywhere, if one is bad or corroded, the whole sled wont work or partially. It is EFI right? I think 94s all were. Its kinda neat for a 21yo sled to have all that. I have a service manual for a 94 wildcat on disk. When it comes to that, I will upload it on the internet so you can have it. Just gotta make sure of the year. Mine has the green and purple lightening bolts, 94. If it has green then checkered flags and then purple, then its a 93(on the hood) What did you mean about something missing making you do wheelies? Torque block? I dont want to check or I will lose my msg. OK transfer block. I gotta look into that because the wildcat likes to do wheelies. I didn't know about a transfer block. Oh, that guy turned down my offer so I offered $150. Does your skid still look as good as it did in pics? I am thinking going bare aluminum instead of paint. I gotta get it first.
    Funny how you put an older skid in a newer sled for an upgrade. I think there was a design flaw with the no-action skid.
    Last edited by Viktory2k1; 02-18-2015 at 03:36 AM.
    http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic23675_5.gifIf it ain't broke, its probably a good idea to take it apart anyway!

OK, I accepted the counter offer on the 2000 ZL skid $175 with shipping so once I go through it, I will post it in the project section with step by step pics. I think I will keep it "bare" aluminum. I wish it was the 2001 with the through bolts in front but its the shaft style.
    http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic23675_5.gifIf it ain't broke, its probably a good idea to take it apart anyway!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12