Rear Skid Fix, Long

I'm at the point wih my sled that I know something is jacked in the back and I dunno what it is. Rear suspension is basically sitting bottomed out without me even on it and it rides like shit.

I have practically nowhere to work on the big here in CT there's nothing for dealers that she work on yamaha sleds so Im gonna have to ty to fix the ****er myself, out in the cold of course.

Where do I start looking for the problem... And is there anywhere I can just order the whe rear suspension bushif kit and sliders and all that crap in one shot, or do I need to play Sherlock Holmes and try to track down all the friggin part numbers?

Messed mine up very similarly last ride turned out the front shock [in the rear] lower mount broke bolts and broke free. So if you haven't already give the whole thing a good check over. Start with the obvious broken or missing bolts, transfer rod gaps, shock preload settings and or bent parts

pioneer performance has a bushing kit for that skid less the relay rod bushings at a really good price if it is a proaction in the sled. shocks might need a rebuild/refresh as well if you do not know when they where done last JL ws-6.

Back