"my son's first sled". what was yours.

Started on '73 295 Moto - Ski , then we got a '74 295 Moto - Ski , then dad got his '76 440 , then got a '81 Moto - Ski Mirage Special . Purchased my first sled a '91 400 Indy , then got a '98 SX600 , now a '06 GT Vector . Still have the '73 , '76 , and '81 down at dad's all running and still fun to tool around on the old ones , turns a lot of heads !!

81 excell 3. was my grandmothers that she bought new. they stopped riding in 82 and when I got it at about 10 years old it only had like 300 miles on it or something, but had been sitting outside in the yard for like.....10 years or so lol! had to run it with the choke half out till we got dad to have it all serviced, but I rode the hell out of it. my first 100 mile day was on that, and man was I hurtin'!!!!! good times ;)

1969 sno-jet 292 with electric start traded a gas powered generater for it !

My first ride was my Dad's 1973 Scorpion Super Stinger 400. I always liked the metal flake red hood and seat.

Attachments

• 1973_SCORPION_STINGER_PURPLE_1.jpg
    1973_SCORPION_STINGER_PURPLE_1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 246
my first sled was a 2002 VMax 600. I was 42, disabled and my wife talked me into trying it out. She thought I needed something to get me out in the winter. In 2004 I bought a Viper that I still ride. Now I want to mod the viper a tad.

jeeptherapy, congrats, its a great way to get out there in the winter :) and welcome to the sport!

sled

1990 Phazer II when I was 22.

OKAY, OKAY, so I started a little late but better late than never.............

I finally had a real job and realized I can finally buy a new snowmobile. : )

First Sled

My first sled i bought was a 72 moto ski for $50 with my own money and drove it for a winter when i was 11. Then i got a yamaha 76 GS340 for X-mas when i was 12 years old and sold it when i was 21. ( the stories i got about that old sled, She was a beauty) then it was a 1993 indy 500 classic i bought 7 years ago and had it for 5 years. 2 years ago i went back to Yamaha and now i ride a 1999 SRX 700. Last year i bought a 1980 340 enticer for my 2 boys (11 and 9 ) and i put a used carb on it a few weeks back and i let my son take it for a ride Friday night (first snow fall) and thank god i was on the back because he drove too fast for my liking. This thing now runs mint and i'm going to have to govern the throttle which will be my next post.

i started when i was 6-7 years old on my dads 1979 et250. drove the crap outa that little bugger. then i moved onto his 1975 gs338. if i was behaving i could borrow his et340t 1985 when i was 15-16. didnt feel the need to buy a sled untill the late 90's cause dad still had 4 sleds. then i got tired of repairing his and bought my own in 1999. a 1997 et410t/r and i still have it. when bro bought his viper on 03 in 04 i bought a 01 sx500r left over cause the 410 wasnt cuttin it. at the end of last season i went to the dark side and bought a nc 05 warrior.

fun aint it?

1980 Enticer 250; bought new in eighth grade when we moved from Cleveland to da U.P. of Michigan. Next year, Dad also bought a Bravo so we could ride together. That was the start of my "addiction" and passion for sleds that continues today.

Couple seasons ago, I started my kids on a Bravo; now they share an Ovation.

Great memories!

my first sled was a '96 arctic cat jag. the year might be off by a year. then i upgraded to a '96 zrt 600. then i up to an '01 zrt600. then i opened my eyes and bought an '03 mountain max 700. and now i have an '06 apex mountain.

mblanken, did you like the zerts? (zrt's) always thought they sounded cool as hell :) seem like a few cat guys coming over here and there. and a lot of guys starting on defunct brands lol!

yeah, i liked the zrts a lot. especially the 96. the 01 was actually kind of cheap and vibrated alot. i always rode with yamaha guys, so it was only a matter of time before a made the switch.

I had a '72 snojet with a 292. It was a good sled for a kid. It wasn't very fast but, I didn't know better. It didn't break trails very well and was the only sled around. I didn't go very far from home.

I can't remember what year it was but the first sled I rode was an old Yamaha 292, I want to say I was 4 but can't remember but I do know it was before the winter of 84. Rode that for a few years with my dad before they sold it then in 1991 my parents bought me a 1980 Enticer 300. Rode that for 2 years the I bought a Ski-Doo Citation 4500 or something like that, don't really remember it that well because I only had it for about 2 months before it went up for sale, can we say P.O.S! Went to the Yamaha dealer and bought a 88 Exciter L/C with 1500 miles and drove that until the winter of 2001 when I bought my 2002 SRX. Then in 2004 I bought my wife a 98 MSRX and in 2005 I bought a 05 RX-1M so I could go mountain riding in Alaska.

After 1998 I haven't been doing as much riding as I would like to, being in the military has hindered my riding years but when i would go home on leave I would put atleast 1,200 miles on in 3 weeks.

Back