Northern Ontario Yamaha ride

Hey guys it's getting close to the time i need to get confirmation on who is comming to the New Liskeard ride. I have 4 confirmed so far and have pm'd some of you that expressed interest. Let me know ASAP so i can book rooms with the in laws. If i can get enough for the chalet i get a good discount!............PM me or post here...........thanks...........James

Hey guys, would anybody have a sled that they would consider renting out for our New Liskeard weekend? It would be for my brother let me know and we can work out the details............thanks..............James

Hey James, let me see if I can get my wifes Vmax600....I will also ask Maim if he comes out he has and SXR500 but I cant speak for him.

the sx500r is my younger brothers now. i still have an et410 though i can bring. has valid everything and runs great.

i can also ask kirkswim if he will loan me his viper for that weekend.

and the important point is it is mine. i dont need to ask to borrow it lol.

Last edited:
if we have snow by then (grrrr) can probably bring the 500 if it hasnt been dropped at my brothers in northbay by then.

Sudbury ride!

I'm thinking of going on this ride. Is anyone thinking of staying at sportsmans lodge for saturday night? It is close by, I haven't been there since terry has sold it though, back in 2004 Anyone been there since?

Ok guys, i am starting to loose sleep over this lack of snow! We are two weeks away and not one trail is open in the area. It looks like North Bay will be up and running so maybe could trailer out there for the weekend. This is really pissing me off :o| :o| #$%&* .........James

lets hope for the best....still bad here in Sudbury. We would need acouple of good snowfalls and then some grooming and packing

Yamyrider you mean you guys still aren't riding any decent snow up there? Come on down to the other side of the lake on the Bruce peninsula and there is some good snow. I've been riding for probably a good 3 weeks now in good snow.

at the rate it is goin i might have to. runnin the lake is gettin boring. although the good news is i am faster than my brothers viper on top end with the war with the stock clutching.

damnit i want snow!!!!!!

well we went out last weekend and did the mud run. not really mud but frozen plowed field run ( need a couple fillings replaced) but managed to put 250 kms on the sled. better than nothing. let us know if the ride is being moved or rescheduled(is that how you write that?) anyway let us know
Pat

Sounds like a date

I am really intrested in going on the liskeard ride, i live here, and if Pat is going on the ride, im in like a dirty shirt, haha. I work at Ag Nor and will mention it to Dennis unless someone already did, he hasnt mentioned anything to me yet. Will let ya know closer to the date, pending on how busy we are at work. Chow

No i haven't talk to Denis yet, i guess the lack of snow and no trails open just hasn't got me in the planning mode, however i will see Denis today so i will discuss with him. I just want it to snow damit!!!!!!!!!!!..........James

Hey James it is not looking to good....trials are limited in areas of Kirkland....I guess we will play it by ear.

Well........i just got word that 2 of my brothers friends have backed out for our ride. They have booked rooms in Parry Sound. It's not looking good and when i check the long range forecast for our area on the weather network website I am thinking of pulling the plug right now! I will talk to my Dad and brother to see what we are going to do, but i think we will just have and ice fishing/drinking weekend up here unless Dad wants to trailer to North Bay or somewhere else. I guess we will have to hope for snow for the March ride in Sudbury....................James

More bad new, talked to both my Dad and brother. Dad's girlfriend was confirmed with cancer yesterday, will begin treatment next week for the next 6mths and brother's wife's aunt is loosing her battle with cancer she may not see the end of next week. Neither will come. So guy's i am going to pull the plug on the New Liskeard ride....SORRY.......//// But i am thinking of going to Parry Sound for the 16,17,18th i have talked to Bob (aka Yamyrider) and he is looking in to this as well. If nothing happens we can hope for more snow and do the Sudbury run March 3/4...........thanks............James

according to the weather network we are supposed to start seeing snowfall around the 18 of feb.

keep doin the snow dances guys!! i wanna ride trail!

I am seriously thinking of trailering to Parry Sound and riding on the 16th to 18th. Anybody want to go? Two of the guys that were going to come with my bros are going up there the 17th & 18th................James

Back