Northern Ontario Yamaha ride

ReaperSRX

Hey guys i have been thinking of putting a weekend ride for Northern Ontario Yamaha riders, an unofficial TY ride. After talking with Yamyrider from Sudbury i thought of a home and home ride, one in New Liskeard and one in Sudbury. For the New Liskeard ride i can arrange accomodations with my father in law's place on lake Temiskaming check out his site www.sunnydalecottagesandchalet.ca

and for the Sudbury ride i thought about the northern trails out of Skead using Rocky's Lodge as home base let me know what you think and we can work out the dates.................James

Last edited:

lol not true!! its not broke in yet so milage is about the same as your tripple atm. and i ordered the fix from richirich so the 500 should get 10mpg now instead of 8mpg.

Keep me posted...this sounds cool...I have a new born and well...might not be able to get out...buuut if I can..Im in...If I can't...I'd love to hear yer stories...

cheers

Is this posted on the 4s side?[/QUOTE]

ok ill post a link to this thread on the 4stroke side as some of those guys shun 2strokers some days.

Thanks Maim for posting on 4stroke side...............After checking the calender and my work schedule i am looking at weekend of Feb 17/18 for the New Liskeard ride and Mar 3/4 for the Sudbury ride.........let me know what you guys think and i can talk to my father in law about booking the chalet and cottages......i will also be working on plans for the rides/events/meals once we get a confirmed group and dates.................James

I might be interested, and my brother, yammie head as well, in the Liskeard run. Not available for the Sudbury one unless it was Mar 17 weekend. Damn work LOL.
Have you stayed at Rocky's, I have heard some real horror stories.......
On another board they have a thread going of places to avoid, and their name has come up repeatedly. Can't comment personally tho.

For the Sudbury ride i was only thinking of using Rocky's for meeting place in morning and maybe for end of day supper plans, but i haven't heard really anything good or bad about the place maybe some of the Sudbury guys can help out here..............James

i personally have never stayed there. usually stop there for lunch/gas when i ride out that way. the food there is really good. as for a motel to stay at id reccomend the valley inn in azilda. the groomed trail runs right through the parking lot so there is no street driving to get to the trails. timmys is also across the parking lot. the resturant in the hotel was good the last time i was there but it has been awhile. you are about 45min-1hr away from rockys when you know where you are going and take the shortcuts.

maybe yamirider knows of a hotel in the valley that is good to stay with trail acess. he is closer to rockys than i am.

I'd like to ride along in the Sudbury area.

Nice to finally have a reliable sled to go and cruise worry free on.

maim what do you think for doing the Shinning tree loop to and from Rocky's.
Up by Thor lake and come back by Wolf Mountain.
Should make for a good day of Sledding.

Hey Yamyrider that was the loop i was thinking of for the Sudbury ride, my Dad has a house up in Skead and figured Rockey's would be the best place to use as home base for the ride. Last March i we did that run up to Three Bear Lodge (i think) and back to Rockys. As for overnight stay for the out of town guys i have been looking for something close but looks like the only close place was in Hanmer. I have been at Rockys but only for meals and gas never overnight.
As for the New Liskeard ride i was thinking of going to Kenogami for lunch (by way of Kirkland Lake) and then to Elk Lake and back to New Liskeard for supper. This run would be about 275 kms, can go further and make it longer if you guys want to............James

Last edited:
Supposedly the tree huggers have forced the closure of some trails up at the north end of Wanapitai (sp). I have not been able to find out exactly which ones, so I dont know if it's above Rocky's or above Sportsmens or ? Might be worth checking out. From what I read it is in the vicinity of the Prov Park, so that might prevent one from getting around the top of the lake from Rockys to Wolf Mountain? Sorry, I'm more familiar with the area in the summer than the exactly the sled trail routing. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

never done that loop but i am game now that i have a sled with some fuel milage range lol. worse comes to worse we cam always come back by cartier from shining tree cause i know a couple of short cuts from cartier to sudbury.

Back