Any one got snow???

i live about 90 miles from their and we didn't get that much suppose to be around 40 degrees next few days so not expecting any ridable snow. sure would be nice though :o| :o| :o|

We got some last week,enough to go riding in the ditch along the hwyway a bit,but not enough to hook up at all.Grass shows through the snow when I pin it. Cold here now ,wind chill temp here is -35 C,probably -40 to -45 in the morn.Then warm front kicks in on Friday.+2 on Saturday.There goes the snow.Next week mild -5 to -1. What a crappy winter so far.No forcast for snow.Sure makes sledding season short.Got to look for a quad in the future I think.

This is the first time in a few years that we've had about a foot of snow before christmas... and three weeks before christmas I'm very happy. We normally get rideable snow by the end of December beginning of January, this has been early so far... just wondering if the 12" will be enough to hold it's own or melt with the few days of just above freezing on the weekend. Hope it doesn't go away..(fingers crossed)

My grill O meter is at about 9 inches here (Negaunee Mi.). But my kid tells me they got hit harder in Houghton. I am going to get my sled out today.

Here in northern lower Michigan it's been good so far, In Boyne City we have well over 20"+ on the ground but it has settled a bit. Calling for a good 6"-10" dump today. NOA weather is calling for a mild winter though....... I guess we will see how it all shakes out. Indian River is around 12" on the flat, Kalkaska & Mancalona have been blasted a good 20"-30" as of now. Just hope we can get this to base up before everyone blows it off the trails........ Then again who cares about trails ;)

we've got about 6". there have been alot of people riding but, I think it is still a little thin for me. I saw a Sting go by my house sunday, that was cool. I might try to get my sled out this saturday. The trouble is that if the snow is to thin by time I get my sled out I will ride anyway.

yea no kidding... it's been +8 all week and the snow has been gone since the middle of December... shouldn't it normally be -15 celcius and 2-3 feet of snow by this time of year in my area? YES!!

When i stop to think about it, even if it snowed continuously for a week, we would only then get rideable snow and it would be the middle of January. Then comes February and middle of march and the snow melts! Awesome stuff if you like sledding for only 1 month of the year. I want to go sledding!

we had about 9" in the Mountains up home, not in town however, it was all melted, but as you went into the bush, the snow was still there. It got quite warm the last week, and melted alot tho, all the south facing hills that take most of the sun where melted down right to nothing, but places where the trail is protected from alot of Sun, we still have about 4-6 inches of Nice base. Small lakes have about 5-6 Inches of Ice too. Weather is looking great for the next week or so, finally gonna freeze up, that should make a great base for the trails, we just need 1/2 a foot+ of powder to have decent conditions or a ft plus for good conditions, and likely at least a ft before the groomers will get out on the trails.

I've been out riding twice now, did a little fishing this past weekend actually :letitsnow :letitsnow

Last edited:
700kms done here.. will be riding this week.. we just got about 8 inches out here, slow start but better than seeing grass

Todays snow in Negaunee. Ruler is jammed into the snow on top of my grill. Has pretty much fallen straight down.

snowtotal.JPG

Back