Drag race'n the new Phazer

Mtnviper

VIP Member
Allen
Have you had a chance to do any drag race testing with the 07 Phazer yet?
A buddy is talking about giving the snow drags a try with his 07 Mtn-lite!

We have tested our trail kits and I did setup 1 short track Phazer for some outlaw grass drags out in NY and he was running within a 1/2 sled length of a older MXZ 600. I have however not gotten my hands onto a Mountain Lite at all.

I thought I read somewhere, that they were going to run them in a 600 fan class. However that was a while ago, and it looks like ISR hasn't made a ruling yet.
I'll have to check the club running the drags, to see where they'll let him run. Probably 500 and up liquid classes.
Mtn lites have 8DN-10 weights, shallow helix (dont remember the angle) and REALLY low gearing 17-41 with 8 tooth drivers.

I told the guy if he wants to race, I'd help him test and tune it. Looks like it would need a gear and weight change for sure, as well as some chasis set up.

Since this is unexplored territory, I'm looking for info on ideal shift rpm, engagement rpm, any tips to prevent any bogging when the throttle is slamed WOT, etc.

Allen, if you have any weight/kits, let me know what you got and I'll pass the info along to my bubby. At this point we're looking for a good starting point and tune from there.

Mtnviper said:
I'll have to check the club running the drags, to see where they'll let him run. Probably 500 and up liquid class.

The vector and nytro run in the 500 class.The phazer won't compete against them.

pro116 said:
The vector and nytro run in the 500 class.The phazer won't compete against them.

Good point, I forgot about them. Most of the sleds in the 500 class at this race, are Polaris 500s and older Cat 440, 500s. The snopro and factory race sleds get they're own class. They do this so your average joe can bring out they're "spare sled", go race and have some fun!

Back