my mono shock install in a Viper

I actually just found a place called fastenal. they have a store within 1/2 hour of me and sell ALL kinds of heavy duty bolts :) once I figure out EXACTLY what they are I will post that lol!

viperguy, take your shaft out of your old skid, proaction and put it in your mono with the factory viper spacers, thats the propper way. the shaft is longer but its the propper one for the mono skid to fit in your viper,

lookin at your picks , was wondering why you put the brackets on the wrong way? the one on the left, 1st pick shoud be on the right.and a half turn out. . installing the proper way you wouldnt have any problem drilling out any holes. plus it would be a long way away from the front hole. actually you would have to trim the centre bracket a bit.

not sure what you mean?? I sold the proaction, so dont have any parts. and there isnt a rod in the mono, it seems to be one peice froam what I can tell??? and the brackets dont fit in any other way. the holes are actually identical spacing when you turn them that way. they are actually too tall for the tunnel and just simply wouldnt fit. the rivets I had trouble with were to remove the old rivets from the old mounts for the proaction. needs to come out for the new ones to take the place :)

also if you take a bolt out of the tranfer rod the skid will bolt right in with no fussin, very easy, hope it helps, looks like you were fightin with those straps

oh i see, they are suppose to go with the beveled edge to the top on the rx-1, i guess if they dont fit that way you did it the only way you could. i used those plates on my rx-1 when i installed, i just made plates for my 97 sx 700 when i put one in there.

Fastenal is a good outfit too. McMaster may be cheaper. If you need bolt data let me know - I've got a pretty supply of that type of stuff.

post pics of the bolts your replacing and let me know how long the ones you want are and I'll give you a hand finding them.

xs

yeah, now we are on the same page. and I see what you mean about the rear shaft. it looked like one peice when I was working with it, but looking at the fiche.... I will ask 800, he did an install and maybe can shed some light :) thanks for the tips!!!!

sxrsist said:
there are no upperr rodes your right. but the rear shaft fits in there properly

what do you mean upper rodes?? and the proaction rear shaft is what you mean right?

I just ordered a new rear shaft from the proaction to use in my mono. wont need the longer rear bolts that way and wont be adding any undue stress to the tunnel or bolts. do it once, do it right...hopefully lol!!!

how much was the shaft, should of saidsomethin, i havbe a bunch of parts proactions, you coulkda had one for shipping, i have a bunch

paid $55 i think. o well I guess. and I still have the spacers from my old skid, at least I kept those lol!!!

well, it is all done. finished it tonight. I will ZTRY and get pics up tomorrow. nothing really to drilling the hole in the tunnel for the dial, it was pretty easy. I used the mounting plate for it as a template. pics will show it better than any description :) on the TINY ride around the yard I did I can already tell it rides FAR better than stock. put it in a good hole in the lawn and it actually SOAKED it up lol!! that was new :)

yeah, I got some riding in this weekend (only 35 miles or so) and it rides GREAT! small bumps and chatter are GONE and the bigger bumps are actually absorbed! no funny noises or anything. I hope to get back north later this week (sled is up in northern NH at the cabin now) and get it thawed out to give it a good look over. have some pics, will post them later on today with some luck

Back