82 Enticer 340

SCOTTDJ

Trying To Find The Proper Method To Check The Stator On This Unit What Color Wires To Check And What Voltages I Should See Ive Check It And It Seems To Be Nobody Home Just Want To Make Sure Im Checking It Right Could The Pickup Unit And Flywheel Be Rusty From Sitting In The Weather

You want to be checking OHMS not voltage.

Charge coil = black to brown 590 Ohms
Pick up coil = black to white / red 15.1 Ohms

READINGS CAN BE (+ OR - 10%) @ 68 room temp

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the info i was just wondering what to do next i needed the specs went and fired up the heater in the garage thought id look over a few more things but last night i was up untill 1:00 am working on it i believe i have it narrowed down to the cdi box or the magnito im going to go test it now thanks scott

Hey thanks again vt700 everything checked out good now im down to the cdi box or ignition coil do you know of any test i can do on either of these so i know wich one is bad im thinking its the cdi box thanks scott

Last edited:
Make sure you dont have a bad switch ( key / kill / tether ) If you look at the wires out of engine one group runs the CDI the other is lights and switches ( unplug this one) Make sure plugs are grounded pull over engine. If there is spark you have a bad switch.
To test coil
HITACHI primary 0.15 Ohms
secondary 3.5 Ohms

Toyodenso primary 0.12 Ohms
secondary 4.0 Ohms
Primary = take reading between coil power (orange) wire and coil ground mount
Secondary = remove plug caps take reading between both spark plug wires

Hey thanks as far as bad switches they were the first things i checked out found the ignition switch was toast and tether was diconnected checked the kill switch and it was fine this machine has sat for fourteen yrs and the last two outside uncovered all wire connections were coroated :winterrul

thanks for all the info if it were mine i would go bye a manual for it but im trying to fix it for a friend :nos:

I couldn't find the key for mine its been so long since it was used. Just follow the wires from the ingnition and unplug the harness and everything should be a go as far as the ignition goes.

Back