Good deal gone bad...

Viper Sniper I would contact the police soon since you now know where he is.. I believe once a person cashes a personal check for payment they are only allowed a reasonable amount of time to go through with mailing the product. It depends on states though.. I don't understand why people feel the need to be that way.. I'm getting the impression that he maybe is riding the sled the reverse came from or already sold it to someone else and can't find a replacement part..

Gotta say thanks to Mr Sled for always being a good person when it comes to this crap, and in general. I know it's his site but he still doesn't have to be as good as he is to us all. Thanks Tom!! good luck sniper!

What I think most of these scammers dont realize is that if you use the U.S. mail to take payment, and you dont produce the goods, its called mail fraud and its a felony.
I would contact the local police dept from his town first and provide them with the story, check number, date it was cashed, if possible a copy of the cashed check as his signature will be on the back and of course the guys address and let them pay him a visit, youd be suprised at how just a visit from the police can get the ball rolling pretty quick. Everyone thinks they are immune because they are in another state, but once they use the U.S. mail to take payment, and then defraud the buyer, thats the big mistake.

PLEASE call the fire department and ask to speak with the TOP DOG of the fire department... Also call the city or town hall and ask how to FILE a complaint with them considering he is a PUBLIC SERVANT!!!! I WILL NOT get into the way WE usually handle situations like this one in CHICAGOLAND,,,, Maybe he used to LIVE in CHICAGO and he was FORCED to MOVE to (wherever) because he pulled a shot like that to someone.....NOBODY likes a LIAR,,,,, Remember,,, WHAT GOES around,,,COMES around!!!!

Call the POLICE????? I could just imagine the conversation!!!!!! Thats NOT going to do anything... Maybe the POSTAL POLICE,,,, not the LOCAL POLICE!!!!!

mail fraud thru the U.S. mail is a federal offense there Gary, that even applies to YOU In chicago. If you accept payment via use of the U.S. mail, its mail fraud.

heres the code:Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan, exchange, alter, give away, distribute, supply, or furnish or procure for unlawful use any counterfeit or spurious coin, obligation, security, or other article, or anything represented to be or intimated or held out to be such counterfeit or spurious article, for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both

Last edited:
I am NOT ARGUEING that it is or isn't mail fraud... I agree with you 100%.. its just the thing about calling the local police... They will tell you that it is a CIVIL matter and to go hire a lawyer!!!! i've been there and done that.. LOOk at the FRONT PAGE of the CHICAGO SUN TIMES today..... Thursday 22 March 07!!!! You'll see what I am talking about!!!!

hey guys i live in there area and know the guy, sad to hear what hes done to you tom. I dont know what his problem is or was..as we hadn't talked for a long time. When he told me he recieved your check I kept telling him to send out the parts day after day because you guys are great on here and have great respect to most users. Anyway I beleive he sent out the reverse kit with the outter cover that you sent him. I believe he put the cover that was with the reverse kit back on his sled and ran it that way..i'm not sure if you can do it but you can't tell that kid anything...eitherway the sled is STILL sitting in the water hole over the handle bars..we are getting warmer weather and he needs to get it out...for some reason you can't tell him anything so I gave up..but I hope all gets better.

Sounds like he needs a good old fashioned *** kicking... Call the Cops, thats a good one... Most of them don't want to get up off their asses to do anything....

ph.gif

OK here's the deal I got most maybe all of the internals from the reverse kit and as soon I inventory all the parts and let Mark know if anything is missing he is going to send out the outer case cover along with any missing parts. Yes he did retrieve his sled from the bottom of the pond. Bottom line is he is trying to make this deal right finally and has apologized for his poor judgement. As soon as I get the rest of the kit I'll let everyone know.

I'm glad it finally worked out for you!!! INSANITY is (defined) as, REPEATING the SAME MISTAKES and expecting different results... I suppose he apologized for his inappropriate behavior and that, these days, is a noble gesture!!! On the other hand,PLEASE don't buy from this guy UNTIL he PROVES himself by becoming responsible (don't hold your breath!!) There has been a BIG SHAKEUP here in Chicago with that cop beating the hell out of that female bartender.... The district commander KEPT the news people and all of the publicity AWAY and they wrote parking tickets on the news vans!!! Needless to say,,, THAT COMMANDER will be LOOKING for a new job!!!! These people do STUPID after STUPID after STUPID things, The CITY OF CHICAGO FIRED 191 police officers LAST YEAR ALONE for various offences.. YOU FIGURE they would GET IT by now!!!!! I'm glad you DIDNT have to go to the police!!!

Sorry guys, for got to update this thread (don't visit the site much during the summer). I finally got the outer case from this douchebag after waiting over a year for it. So now I've got the reverse kit minus a few spacers he must've lost. Not a big deal but taking so long to complete his end of a deal is. Don't do business with this guy he's full of BS and excuses. Thanks to all for your input.

nosboy said:
Glad you got MOST of your parts.. WHAT AN IDIOT this guy must be....
What an idiot he is,not a must be Gary.The guys is just the lowest form of scumbag you can about get.Scam,scam,scam is all they do,take the money and run.He would look good with my SRX track marks on his face,luckily my track isn't studded...lol
:rulez: :rulez: :rulez: or you are out.No time for games on this site.People think they are getting a good deal from someone only to end up ripped off.That would certainly hurt me inside. I would like to trust other fellow Yamaha members,but with crap like this..it makes one maybe hesitate a bit from buying from someone again.I have purchased many things from fellow members on here and from E-bay with no problems thus far.I have sold a few items and send them out quickly to the buyer.We are all here to help one another aren't we,otherwise this site would not be worth anything.I love this site and the members .Lets keep it free of low-life's and scammers.Carry on Gary and the rest of you guys with all your info and help when needed.;)!

Back