HOW TO: put rx-1 skis on your strut sled.

I put a set of saddleless skis on my Phazer II. They look very nice when done. Like you said BTV, the big thing is dealing with the depth... I used a air grinder with a cutting bit and slowly removed material until it fit, you also need to get rid of the plastic 'cross member' just in front of the mount. I don't see that being too much of an issue since there is one more further forward, and you still have the support from the mounting bolt.

Tried the saddleless a few years back when I wanted to stick a set of mountain skis on and it just did not work; hacked up one ski to come to that conclusion.

The RX-1 skis with saddles are pretty much a straight bolt up. Saw two sets of RX-1 skis on ebay but they were so beat up I woudl not even consider them (and they wanted almost a $100 for each pair-coudl nto even make one decent set out of both).

Can anyone else not see the pics on post 1 and post 2 anymore? Can these pics be reloaded/redirected so they show?

I have dimensions to trim the Viper/RX1 saddles down to fit the 98-99 old style VMAX/SRX skis if anyone has interest. I'm running this set up on my XLV this year. You still need to add 1/4 inch shim plates under the saddles but that's easy. The advantage of this combo is the fact that it pretty much retains the factory front ride height. I also have a set of Viper/RX1 skis laying around in my garage that won't be getting used. They have one season on them... Just sayin!

I have dimensions to trim the Viper/RX1 saddles down to fit the 98-99 old style VMAX/SRX skis if anyone has interest. I'm running this set up on my XLV this year. You still need to add 1/4 inch shim plates under the saddles but that's easy. The advantage of this combo is the fact that it pretty much retains the factory front ride height. I also have a set of Viper/RX1 skis laying around in my garage that won't be getting used. They have one season on them... Just sayin!

Back