New Aluminum belly pans???

It won't work for 77,78 or 79. The spindle holes are to far in. When you cut out the boot holes, the round hole is still there. Plus you have the other exhaust holes in the back and no vents holes. They cutting them with bends on the edges. Dean-o

deanosmod said:
It won't work for 77,78 or 79. The spindle holes are to far in. When you cut out the boot holes, the round hole is still there. Plus you have the other exhaust holes in the back and no vents holes. They cutting them with bends on the edges. Dean-o

You are right on the spindle and vent holes Dean-o. The spindle holes will still be there but can be covered and are not that noticable as they can only be seen from underneath. The vent holes can be cut in but the original 77-79 SRX vent holes were recessed so that wouldn't be correct either. Cutting the holes for the boots or vents is not that hard but you need to be carfull and use the right tools. A plasma cutter works the best especially in skilled hands. It would also be best to make a pattern from a 77-79 pan to mark where the openings need to be. I could make those patterns and send them along if someone wanted. I included the 77-79 SRX's as it will fit them with these mods and although it would not be perfectly correct it would be better than one beat beyond repair or no pan at all.

Phil (opsled)

it will work just fine.
as opsled said, you are left with 2 small half moons that you do not see unless the sled is upside down.
i put a 75 gpx pan on my 77 srx and it looks great. I cut the cross member holes (boot covers) out with an air nibbler. the GPX pan was was MUCH cheaper and easy to locate than trying to locate another 77 srx pan.

yamaton said:

Not for sale I might add...

Ha Ha Ha....thanks man, the pics are way cool, way to tease me, you have no idea how excited I got when I saw the pics......till I saw yur comment! But I'm going to go run that info off the tag through the dealer network and see if anything pops up. Thanks again, still gigglin. G.

Gorkon said:
Ha Ha Ha....thanks man, the pics are way cool, way to tease me, you have no idea how excited I got when I saw the pics......till I saw yur comment! But I'm going to go run that info off the tag through the dealer network and see if anything pops up. Thanks again, still gigglin. G.
Sorry about that. :wink: My intention was to post the part number for you...

But hey, maybe "Vmax540" is onto something there!

Last edited:
I just checked and they don't have it in stock and they say that Yamaha lists it as an inactive part number, which according to him means it's discontinued. I also ran that info though the dealer network in Canada and it comes up within Yamaha as none in stock. He didn't say whether or not it is listed as discontinued or not, just that Yamaha doesn't have any. Hey, it was worth a shot. You just never know. As for no pan at all, there are fiberglass pans available and they are probably a better choice for durability and repairability, but I was hoping to have nice polished one. I'll just keep looking, going to a snowmobile wreckers this coming weekend. Thanks. G.

srx belly pans

seems to me the gpx belly pans were thicker aluminum than the 77-79 srx ,does anybody know?

I just bought a new 78/79 pan. Has no vent holes and you can't polish it. It's got a protective coating on it. Dean-o

deanosmod said:
I just bought a new 78/79 pan. Has no vent holes and you can't polish it. It's got a protective coating on it. Dean-o

Like a plastic coating? Anodized? Where did you get it? G.

Pardon my ignorance Dean-o, I take it Jeff is another fellow on the site that you bought it from, and he doesn't have a bunch more floating around? Right? (ha ha)

That's quite a little collection you got going on there. I'd love to hotlap the SSR around a good ice oval for a bit!!! How would you compare the handling of that to an SRX? Never actually sat on one, the closest I ever got was looking at them in the pits in their day and watching em completely lay waste to the field on the track! Do you run the SSR at vintage events? Love to see that!
Peace brother. G.

Should ask Meyer who makes plastic fenders for trikes and quads. They may be interested in making plastic ones. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Do u have contact info for him? Id be happier then a pug in.....well poop.....to have a nice fiberglass belly pan. Pleade contact info or web site?

Lees fiberglass ones are $290 amarican and does not have an 80 one without the holes. Dont bother me a bit. Shes no trailer queen.

I just spoke to him on the phone and he has no holeless ones. Only the older srxs with tbe cooling holes.....which is fine with me as its actually a good thing for racing.

Last edited:

Back