How many Canadian members on here? Who and where are you from?

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
I would like to get a feel out there how many members on TY are from Canada.Who are you and where are you from and what do you do for a living?
I myself am from a small farming community just south of Winnipeg.Grew up here and remain here. I basically am my own boss,I contract out myself to do installations of various items..doors,windows,decks,cabinets,hardwood flooring,laminate flooring,some ceramic work,plumbing,some electrical,drywall and painting, and currently doing installations of counter-tops for a Company based out of Winnipeg but does it's business all the way into Alberta.You can call me a cabinet/carpenter type of a guy.Love woodworking and creating things .Actually just finished installing laminate flooring in my home during the xmas break and am proud of the job I did.
What about you other Canadian guys or gals out there.What is your story?
Thanks..........................................................................................Doug

I live up in Sudbury, Ontario, which is about 250 miles north of Toronto. I am a miner, and work 4000' below the surface.

i live in fredericton new brunswick i own a 1997 sx 700 1993 exciter sx 1993 indy 500 classic all have been great sleds exciter has 21000 kilos only one set of pistons my wifes 500 indy 11000 miles never been apart amsoil only in all

I live in London, Ontario. Just picked up an SRX 700 after not riding for about twenty years and itching to take her out, but, alas, no friggin' snow! I'm a project manager for a medium sized building restoration company, not fire and flood, just structural problems. For my maiden voyage I think I'll just take a little jaunt out to Stratford, stay the night, and head back the next day. I don't want to venture too far until I get to know the sled better.. Steve.

im from the north shore of montreal, quebec.. i have a 2000 srx mountain 700..i have my winters off and in the summer im a fishing guide up in northern quebec

I live in Hamilton(the Hammer), Ontario. I am about 1 hour west of Toronto. I work in the dental field. I switched to Yamaha sleds about 2 years ago and will never ride another brand again. I used to ride Polaris but finally saw the light(blue) and switched to Yami! I've got a Viper (136) and a Warrior. I love riding them both but for different types of riding. Cheers to fellow Canadian TY'ers!!!

I'm out near Bird's Hill Park just outside of Winnipeg. Just bought my Viper in October, and I've already got over 500 miles on her this year. She only had 882 miles on it when I bought. Also have an 02 Viper with 2500 miles for sale. I was a Cat guy before the Viper, I love the Yammie reliability! I'm in sales, I work from home.

i live in wallaceburg ontario about 1/50 hr from london..i own a 1994 vmax4 750 and my wife has 1995 vmax 500 le... trying to get out for a ride but no snow last big snow got stuck in michigan for a couple of days...hopefully to be taken off this weekend if the weather works with the snowgods....i work construction so its a slow time right now ...so lots time for riding :letitsnow

Last edited:
KEEP 'em coming guys.

Thanks guys,keep them coming in.We should all have a once a year gathering where everyone could meet each other,but I know that would be pretty much impossible.Anyone of you guys a millionaire...maybe you could fund it for us...lol.

:bling: :wel: :letitsnow

Living close to Moncton New Brunswick. I ride a 98 SRX 700. Best sled I've ever owned. I work for Russel Metals.

I am out by birds hill park just out side of winnipeg too got a 2001 srx 700 ported by hauck with all the fixens (reeds, hauck growlers,HH's,Coated pistons, v-force3's,hacksaw track,head work by hauck, Fresh overhaul this yea- skid,motor) (FOR SALE $4000.00 OBO) I have put on about 10 kms so far this year. no time to ride. I work for the Canadian National Railway as a conductor.

Last edited:
Live in Dunrobin (just outsie of Ottawa) and I work for Bell Security (BSSI) I am a Network Security Analyst. Basically a Techie.

I'm about 2.5 hours north of Toronto. I'm a welder currently and just graduated grade 12. Right now I just do the basic stuff, land and guide beams on the crane, weld structural units and erect steel buildings. I'll be heading off to school soon to upgrade my tickets in Barrie, Ontario in a few months and hopefully start making some real coin.

I'm from Letellier Manitoba, 1 hour south of Winnipeg. I've been working as an auto tech for over 20 years and now own my own shop. Building race cars and riding sleds is what i love to do.

i live 30 minutes north of Montreal, Quebec. i am currently a machinist. i have a 99 srx 600 which i am currently transforming into a mountain sled. i ride with 92vwgti. :letitsnow

I live 30 minutes north of Winnipeg, Stonewall to be exact. I am a automotive refinish technician, 17yrs worth, time for a change i keep thinking.

Back