mrviper700

VIP Lifetime Member
Is it a good thing to allow people to disable thier reputation?? I see theres a couple members who have prior bad reputation have simply disabled it and are buying/selling to people again, if the reputation is a tool for others to judge if not to make a deal with someone isnt the option of disabling it kinda moot? Its like feedback on ebay, if its bad I wouldnt bid on an item from that seller. No one can get any information if its simply disabled. :o|

Thats a good point, its a tool that we have here that gets overlooked - present company included.

I know I have left points for people in the past, but all too often I simply forget about that option.

one off the posts awhile ago a member bought a clutch from another member one spider ear was missing instaed of the guy giving his money back he had to find another .I own an auto shop you have to be straight and honest and mainly respectible .It is a privelge to have a sight like this but as usaul there are a couple of bad seeds .We will have to keep educated on who to deal with great job guys

I dont think it worked Tom. I checked a few and they still show disabled. I also went into the user control panel and I can still disable my own if I wanted. :dunno:

I am still able to disable mine as well, the key is to remind people to use it now.

;)!

I bought and sold many many things but never left any reputation or feedback for anybody...Didn'know I could do this...I saw I have 14 points on my reputation but can only see one...that is the last one how can see the other ones.....and I will like to leave the feedback for the guys I bought stuff from....And I agree you shouldn't be able to touch your reputation is either good or bad right...I mean it should stay on at all times.....Nick

Yama49601 said:
How do you view someone else's reputation?
Put your curser on the little square directly below that persons post count, the more points you get the higher your rep gets

Does anyone know what the different ratings are. I've seen like A++ buyer seller, very good to buy/sell with, etc. I wasn't sure if that was the reputation or not since when you add to someones reputation is says that about I approve or disapprove of their comment for the post you clicked on. But then again I've never seen where you can actually rate a sale so... :dunno: I was also gonna say that's why I like to have a link to my ebay feedback in my signature...

Last edited:
Yama49601 said:
Does anyone know what the different ratings are. I've seen like A++ buyer seller, very good to buy/sell with, etc. I wasn't sure if that was the reputation or not since when you add to someones reputation is says that about I approve or disapprove of their comment for the post you clicked on. But then again I've never seen where you can actually rate a sale so... :dunno:
I am sure Tom could add to this but I believe what you see is it, basically its a good post or a bad one and leave a message accordingly. Unknowingly for me I had mine off for the 1st year or so here as I had no idea what it was, it turns out to be a nice tool they have here, but as others have said alot of people (myself included) forget its even there.

after a purchase or a sale from someone do you ask them to add to your reputation, mine is stuck on standard buyer seller??? i have had 40+ transaction on here or do i need hundreds?

Coldplay97 said:
after a purchase or a sale from someone do you ask them to add to your reputation, mine is stuck on standard buyer seller??? i have had 40+ transaction on here or do i need hundreds?

You probably dont have any, that is why it lists as standard. The more points you get your rating goes up or down if bad. If you click on the User CP and then click on you User Control Panel you will see your points.

I only have like 9 rep points and I am currently listed as Very Good,

Back