Throttle Cable Adjustment

SRX44

Can someone please tell me the proper procedure for adjusting my throttle cable. Also, does anyone know where I can pick up Tranfer rods in Ontario Canada for my 02 viper skid in my SRX.
Thanks

SRX44 said:
Can someone please tell me the proper procedure for adjusting my throttle cable.

you may as well do it all wile at it;

Do these checks in this order;

1st- set idle to 16- 1,7000 rpm's(@ operating temp)

2nd- set throttle end play to 2mm(adjustment for that is down at the carb rack)

3rd- set oil pump cable free play here and here to 2020(richer)to 2222(leaner)mm

then set choke anytime to 1.5mm

Thanks Daman, I have done these but where i'm not sure is this. The idle can be set at different throttle cable adjustments, so do I back the idle screw off as far as it can go, then adjust the throttle up to there and then set the idle and finish with the throttle cable free play? Also you said the throttle end play is adjusted at the rack, do you mean off the throttle cable?

Yes,1st loosen the throttle cable up(down at carb rack,throttle cable),,2nd then set idle,,3rd then set TEP(down at carb rack,throttle cable),,4th then oil cable.

did i answer you?

Last edited:
Does this procedure also apply for the Vipers? The viper I just purchased runs very rich and I thought to go through the adjustments, but I didn't want to mess around last weekend as it was bitterly cold. I was afraid to lean it out too much and destroy something.

jholden said:
Does this procedure also apply for the Vipers? The viper I just purchased runs very rich and I thought to go through the adjustments, but I didn't want to mess around last weekend as it was bitterly cold. I was afraid to lean it out too much and destroy something.
yes everything is the same except......use 20mm for oil cable free play,
3rd on my list above..

measure it before you readjust and post it back here, just wondering

daman said:
you may as well do it all wile at it;

Do these checks in this order;

1st- set idle to 16- 1,7000 rpm's(@ operating temp)

2nd- set throttle end play to 2mm(adjustment for that is down at the carb rack)

3rd- set oil pump cable free play here and here to 2020(richer)to 2222(leaner)mm

then set choke anytime to 1.5mm
That's freak'n amazing "D"... :rofl:
I just wish you where closer so that after you fixed my sled I could hand you a BEER or TWO...will miss ya when the seasons gone...cheers

Back