pics of the floats on my Vip !!!

pipdviper

Thought I'd update some pics of the float install on my Vip. These are from a Polaris Predator 4 wheeler. 18" from eye to eye!

Attachments

• 080201110550 (Medium).JPG
    080201110550 (Medium).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 080201110604 (Medium).JPG
    080201110604 (Medium).JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 080201110626 (Medium).JPG
    080201110626 (Medium).JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 34

I just got it down off the jack tonight. I'll get some pics tomorrow. As of now I need to find (make) a new front limiter strap for the M-10, It is too short so I know it sits higher in the front !!

wow, i want some! can you put up more pics of the brackets and a little write up of whats invoved?

Thanks Pat

There also is a set made for a cat moutian sled that works, i forget exactly which ones but i know boomer is running them with his lite weight widened front end

Dave M said:
I'm not familiar with the floats...do they not need a spring ??...

No spring on the floats. They are basically air shocks. I simply cannot believe how nice this thing rides since I upgraded to these shocks in the front. The back sucks up the bumps with the M-10 under ir as well.

Thought I'd bring this back !!! As far as whats involved, I had to custom fab a set of brackets from scratch. This consisted of a lot of trips back and forth to work !! If you look in pic # 1 I used the front bumper bracket mount bolts. I took the factory bolts out and put longer ones in so I could put a locknut on the outside of the brackets. On the top I came straight out 1.75 inches for the shock body to clear the bulkhead (worked out perfectly with the widening kit !!). Take notice in pic 1 you have to make the bracket bend around the top of the shock so it don't hit the shock bodt as well. The only reason I used 1.75 inches instead of 2" like the widening kit is because the shocks are off a 4 wheeler and are longer than the stock shocks. If you look in pic # 3 you can see where I had to bend the back bracket to miss the steering rod boot. Also in pic 3 you can see the suspension is at full extension on the belly pan protector. I wouldn'tve been able to go any longer! These are pretty involved but actually weren't that bad to make. Notice all the welds from all the design changes !!

Back