piped viper vs srx 700 vs zrt 800

mopar1rules

this guy at work said his brothers '98 zrt 800 will beat anything. what would win in a race between these 3 sleds. also, he said that unpluging the killswitch on his bro's cat, that you gain 15 hp, because of a hotter spark. He said there is no resistance than and that the stator doesn't have to power the kill switch. that has to be the dumbest thing I ever heard.

mopar1rules said:
this guy at work said his brothers '98 zrt 800 will beat anything. what would win in a race between these 3 sleds. also, he said that unpluging the killswitch on his bro's cat, that you gain 15 hp, because of a hotter spark. He said there is no resistance than and that the stator doesn't have to power the kill switch. that has to be the dumbest thing I ever heard.

It IS the dumbest thing I ever heard!

if he unplugs the headlight and tail light thats gotta be good for a extra 20 horse lol :o|

My stock 04 Viper S beat a zr 800 in 1000 feet, after that the zr went by. The two f-7's that were there beat all of us. Even my piped viper.

I had no problems with the 98 ZRT 800 back when I had my 98 SRX. The ZRT was completely stock and mine was clutched. I could pull him at any speed and we raced a bunch of times. I was quite a bit lighter than the other guy too though. I'm sure others will chime in.

I'm pretty sure my piped Viper will beat an SRX. Out ran a ported one the other day, but I'm not sure it (the SRX) was running a 100%.

Yammer bring that out to the bay and we will see if you can take a stock one. Then if you do i will give you a shot at the ported one.

Hey YamerDown, Bring it to NorthBay on Feb.16-17 and you can run it down 2000' of smooth ice. Let us know just how fast it is. Not that far to go, Hurricane Dave will be coming to play.

I had a 1995 ZRT 800MC with a 2" x 136 track (sold it 1 years ago-bought new in fall of 1996) previously that was stock except for VForce Delta 2 Reeds and a ceramic stinger (sure helped it breath better and more throttle response with the stinger). My sled would beat piped up mountain vipers with 141 and 144 tracks- on the flats and hill climb race. If we were blasting across a long lake, then the sleds would go by me since my gearing was really low. I must say that my ZRT really pulled hard and I had it dialed in. A buddy had the same sled and I would pull away from his and we were set up the same (stronger motor in mine I guess-I was running weights heavier than a stock 900 TCatMNT because I was over-revving). It took a well tuned T-Cat to get me beat me out of the hole. I can say I raced a piped (PSI pipes) 1997 ZRT 800MC in Valemont about 10 years ago thruout a day and spanked his butt too-my guess is the guys jetting and clutching was out to lunch. He was pissed and thought I was done up but I wasnt. Told him what I was running for jetting-mains, needles, nozzles- he thought I was running WAY TO LEAN. I said you just got to know you sled. Seen the same guy back the next year and he had his sled tuned up then.

Now I have a 2004 MNT Viper with mods done I bought in September and I can tell you that this Viper would blow the pants off my ZRT 800. Hard hitting out of the hole, pulls likea MF thru mid range to top end, and just wants to keep going. I love the ride, no more heavy tank to throw around.

BenderSRX said:
Yammer bring that out to the bay and we will see if you can take a stock one. Then if you do i will give you a shot at the ported one.

SRXmanDan said:
Hey YamerDown, Bring it to NorthBay on Feb.16-17 and you can run it down 2000' of smooth ice. Let us know just how fast it is. Not that far to go, Hurricane Dave will be coming to play.

Holly cow, seems I upset the SRX camp. Well at 5.4mpg I will not be heading to North Bay any time soon, unless you want to give me $500 to ride there. And I'm sure Hurricane Dave is a swell guys, but I don't know him from MrSled. Who is this guy???

As for Constance Bay radar run, yes I will make it there at some point and I regardless of the out come, I will be the first to post the results. I've always been one to stand behind actual measurable results like a radar run. However, at this point I haven't even dialed in the jetting let alone the clutching, so it will be at least 3 weeks before I come to any radar runs.

Geez I should have said the ZRT would win. Wouldn't have pissed off so many people.

Anyway, let's give this poor guys back his thread, lol. ttt for ya.

Last edited:
Id say viper then srx but could be close then artic scrap woudl be somewhere in the snow dust.

on a second note id like to try my srx piped viper at the bay

Cool. I'd love to have your machine there on the same day. That would be great. You've got the one machine I'm dieing to race. SLP piped Viper, SRX Piped Viper, SRX, and 2 Mr Viper Ported SRXs, lol.

The TY boys at the Bay. I say we aim for the Feb 23rd? Bender, anything planned for the 23rd?

Oops, we got to move this to a new thread, lol.

Last edited:
I bet Flying Yami would be in also with his 01 srx. It woudl be a good time.

But i woudl probably put my money on the ported srx

I won't disagree with you there, I like my Viper but it's not the fastest machine Yami ever made,lol. SNOWs machine wasn't running right that day and I know how hard it pull when it is. He actually lets me drive it once and a while, lol. Hell I wouldn't be suprised if his dads SXR doesn't give everyone a run for the money.

How are you for Feb 23rd? FYI you will not need an Ontario pass if you are riding up, just jump right on the river and they can't say a thing as it's not a trail.

Last edited:
as long as you can maintain 40mph you wont sink, lol.

I'll let Bender say for sure, but I would imagine there is a least 9"

Concept Carbon said:
should be good. But will be moving that week

Moving? Will you be able to make it or not?

I'm going to start a new thread so Bender can give us the heads up if anything is planned that weekend.

Back