The numbers are in......M-10

pipdviper

Well, calculated the fuel milage on the last trip out. I heard the M-10 will sacrifice some fuel milage. I got 73 miles to the tank, That calculated out to 6.883 miles to the gallon!! Was it worth it Heck YEAAAAH !! This thing rides awesome with the M-10 and the Fox floats in the front! The harder I push it the more it loves it! I know, it's not a rev.....rev this! Rides awesome for an older Yami. I'd rather ride my dependable Vip than buy a rev and have it in the shop anyway.

that's not a good number for gas mileage.With my 02 SRX and long travelled suspension and pinned all the way and doing launches pinned to the bar,I was still getting about 12 mpg.

do you have the 136 kit on it yet. What fox float are you using. What did they come off of??????

My srx with an m10, 8 tooth drivers and 1-1/4 iceripper gets 12mpg. I checked it last night, it was a white knuckle ride not a scenic one! Guys either love the m10 or hate it. It took me a couple of seasons to get it where I want it, I couldn't be happier now!

BADSXR said:
do you have the 136 kit on it yet. What fox float are you using. What did they come off of??????

Floats are from a Polaris Predator quad. Picked 'em up off ebay cheap. 18" from eye to eye. Fuel milage sucks but WOW what a rocketship!!! I was only getting 90 miles per tank before. I think it has a lot to do with the deep powder runs up here in Maine. Man what a blast! About 6' laying in the feilds!! I just can't believ ehow nice this thing rides compared to how it was before.

BETHEVIPER said:
its your pipes giving that milage. you need to go with srx style pipes with srx cdi box.

I'm not really looking for milage. I'm going to buy a 4 stroke for next year to do long runs and just keep the Vip for playing around. Not to worry......I'm strictly a Yami man!!

??????

srxmph said:
don,t forget that a canadian gallon is larger then the us gallon .

????????? Is that like asking the question "which is heavier, a pound of steel or a pound of feathers?" !

Far as I know a gallon is a gallon.

Last edited:
i think that its stupid to have two dif system of measurements, just an easy way to confuse everyone..... but that is pretty bad mileage for your sled, as long as you don't care too much, you have plenty of power under the hood, be proud of that

pipdviper said:
????????? Is that like asking the question "which is heavier, a pound of steel or a pound of feathers?" !

Far as I know a gallon is a gallon.

lol, no a gallon is not a gallon. IMP gal (ie Canadian)= 4.546 liters
US gal = 3.785 liters

i want to get an m-10 but i don't have a million bucks to spend on a rear suspension seriously this whole suspension conundrum is PISSING ME OFF! i just want to know what i should get, a shock rebuild from the pioneer long travel kit, or get viper shocks.... both practically the same right?

YamerDown said:
lol, no a gallon is not a gallon. IMP gal (ie Canadian)= 4.546 liters
US gal = 3.785 liters
True, however most Gas can's up here are US Gallon's, not IMP gallons......at least the ones I have are.

M-10

Yamidude59 said:
i want to get an m-10 but i don't have a million bucks to spend on a rear suspension seriously this whole suspension conundrum is PISSING ME OFF! i just want to know what i should get, a shock rebuild from the pioneer long travel kit, or get viper shocks.... both practically the same right?

Mine cost me $600 complete with mounting kit and everything. TRUST ME ! Best mod on my sled hands down. Did the shocks (oil and nitrogen change) for $40, did the install myself. No more sore back, rides straight through the bumps (more control). If you do the upgrade you'll justify the cost the 1st time you ride it.

Back