Best sled to fix up?

O's srx

VIP Lifetime Member
Hey guys, just wondering on your thoughts about which sled would be the best for a restoration project?
One that parts could be found for, (as i don't have any close friends who are machinists)

most of the shats and stuff are still availible from kimpex for the older yamahas. can be big bucks though like $40-60 per shaft. one thing though the stock ss440 track legnth is no longer availible. do yourself a favor and go 121" if you decide to restore one of these. oem was 118" and they want to sell you a 116" and tell you to relocate the sliders. i know this because my brother is currently diong a ss440 1980 that my uncle gave him. sled hadnt run last 3 seasons and was used hard before it was parked. got gas in the carb pulled it twice and vroom time. almost hit the pickup in the driveway when he whomped the gas and it pulled a catwalk across the lawn with old gas and fubar track. we are puttin the skid out of my enticer II into it cause i am putting pro-action 11.5" travel skid into it this season.

Back