New Turbo Cat??

I have 2 buddys that own 2 diff cat dealerships, Cat told em both last week in Vegas the turbo will run dead nuts with their 1000 up to 100 mph........ & then drive away!

Looks like Cat and Doo are coming out strong with their 4-strokes.Yamaha needs to step it up some with the HP.Look at the doo's 1200 4-stroke coming in at 499 lbs.YIKES!!!!

Wrong Bluemonster, Yamaha needs to step it down with the weight. Gravity and physics arent going anywhere. Now maybe yammy will reduce the pork and stop forcing its followers to lie and pretend it doesnt matter. Competition is good. My next sled WILL weigh less than my Viper and I like all the brands but I like Yamaha best.

I dont mind less weight, but I wouldnt want less reliability to go with it. I ride trails so weight doesnt matter as much to me.

03viperguy said:
I dont mind less weight, but I wouldnt want less reliability to go with it. I ride trails so weight doesnt matter as much to me.

same here.

I only would want yami to lose weight if they can keep durabiluity.

well dont, be alarmed that skidoo has a 1200 it still won,t be any faster than yami 1000 allso the 1000 yami does put out 180 hp in the bike so yes it has lots more to go and allso the rest that go to 4 strokes they have to prove themselfs, we know that yamis are going 30,000 with out tear downs do u think the rest are going to last that long, don,t think so just my 2 cents, Al Larson

extreme4max4rules said:
well dont, be alarmed that skidoo has a 1200 it still won,t be any faster than yami 1000 allso the 1000 yami does put out 180 hp in the bike so yes it has lots more to go and allso the rest that go to 4 strokes they have to prove themselfs, we know that yamis are going 30,000 with out tear downs do u think the rest are going to last that long, don,t think so just my 2 cents, Al Larson

keep in mind the 180 crank hp in the new 07+ R1 is not the same as the old style r1 motors. These new 180 hp mills are 4 valves per cylinder, not 5 as in the sleds.

Rotax builds the motors for doo, and Suzuki for cat. they don't need to be schooled in 4 stroke performance.

Back