web site issues

Looks like Xp has some issues but the majority are having issues with Vista I do know Microsoft released 8 new security patches last week also about the same time we did the upgrade. I will do some experimenting tonight to try to remove those updates temporarily to see if thats the source of the problem. MrSled is going to make some changes to the banner refresh also. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

well at work with an xp operating system i still need to double click on the back button as well as at home on vista.

i know the browser at work is doing funky things as it will not let the tabs work in the browser but at home i am fine. do not have this problem with other boards like thumpertalk and mudhole.ca

1000000000% better

Tom ,everything is working 100% in this part of the world.Puter has finally returned to normal again.It was like having the DCS going off before.Now with the right formula this site is rocking now.Keyboard to the bar now and runing fine.LOL

working much better. no more heart monitor look on my CPU usage. its staying between 4-6% instead of jumping between 4 and 94%. i know the bad thing on ur end with the refresher off is advertisers might not like the fact that their adds aren't being seen as much. is there a way to turn the refresh time down like say to 15-20 seconds instead of 1.5-2 seconds? or maybe make the adds less complex with less slides? just trying to throw out some helpful ideas, oh and i can use my spell check without a problem now. that makes a big difference, at least on my end, cause I've had people gang up on me on the site about me spelling when I've made a post that they didn't like too much. fact is im fairly sensitive about it. id rather have some one attack my opinion cause they don't like it instead of attacking something that i have no control over cause i have a learning disability. The spell check is just one tool i use to make it easier for every one to read my post and also not give people that don't like my posts something to attack.

Last edited:
I'm back to normal also.
I am using XP, not that fancy Vista stuff, but sounds like the same problems on both.

For some reason I can't open member profiles today? Not just this one either, I tried a couple.

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Back