web site issues

rlbock

Ever since you re-worked your web site my computer keeps resetting itself allot when I am on the TY web site and even when I go to a different site it keeps showing activity related to TY. I have to close out and re-enter the other site and the activity stops. It does it every 10 seconds or so without doing anything. Hopefully you understand the situation, it never did this before. Thanks, Rob

Yep I have been noticing that to.It is always going crazy..says done,then 2 items remaining,downloading picture,ads 4-stroke.com,waiting for http.over and over and over again.What is with this.

It is the ads changing at the top of the page. Another reason there is more "loading" going on is because many of the ads now have several "slides" per advertisement. Each of these slides has to be transferred to your computer so they can be displayed on your screen. With several of the ads having several "slides" it is utilizing alot of CPU resources, mine went from 90% down to 10% just when I closed TY. And that was with 5 other Internet Explorer tabs and Itunes open. I have noticed there is one advertisement in general that is taking up alot of bandwidth and slowing things down. I don't remember which one it was though.

rlbock,

If you have closed out all instances of TY open it is impossible to still be getting traffic from TY, once the HTTP session is closed that's it, it can't be started again without the user initiating it.Your computer has issues if it is resetting all by itself, TY cannot make it do that.

Last edited:
yea my system reasoces are goin wild. it looks like a heart monior its jumping between 4% and 94% every time the site reloads. also im a horible speller and i have a spell check but cant even use it cause it turns off every time the site reloads. it use to reload like ever 10 seconds and it was hard to do spell check on a long post but was do able. now i cant even use it cause by the time i click on a misspelled word the site reloads and the spell check resets. oh and also when im typeing every time it reloads i lose a letter or 2 that should have been typed.

maybe try turning the cycle time down on the adds? if thats possible not sure if it is? im guess one reason for the upgrade was to be able to show more adds faster?

Last edited:
I made some changes to the server to try and help. Report back if you notice any difference. Also if you install Mozilla to browse there is a spell checker with and its quite a bit faster to browse.

I have the same situation with resource use also. That wasn't there before. I also have an issue of having to hit the back button (or left side mouse button) twice to return to the index page after reading a thread instead of once like before.

Thats strange as I have been using Mozilla and IE for the last few days and have seen no changes in the way the PC runs or the browser handles the site. I can tell the site is faster.... not sure what to tell you guys.

Tom

I just closed all the windows except this site and there was both incoming "and" outgoing traffic according to my network utilization meter, with my resource meter hovering around 7% to as high as 40%. I can also see router going nuts too. I then closed the site and everything dropped to nil. I'm running Vista and a pretty tight ship at that. But, I now notice that all that activity has dropped a quite a bit when on the page where you type the post. Just something to ponder, it doesn't effect the performance of my machine at all. Just lots of activity.

Maybe theres more to this than the server upgrade! What OS versions (Win2K, XP, Vista) and what browser version are you guys using? I run IE6 and IE7 on two different machines and am not seeing these issues running XP on both. Maybe Bill Gates has given some of us another security update of some sort! Another possibility is an on access scanner like McAfee, Nortons etc. Lets see if anyone has anything in common here!
weird one for sure

I also noticed the back button having to be hit twice to go back, but only on the 4 stroke site. I deleted my temp files and cookies and everything is back to normal. Try deleting and see if that fixes your problems.

***Never mind my fix, the back button problem is back!*** and on both sites.

Last edited:
things still going crazy here.Also note also about clicking back button once doesn't work and sometimes when typing some letters are missing to.My spell check is ok.

edunn69 said:
I deleted my temp files and cookies

***Never mind my fix, the back button problem is back!*** and on both sites.
That was the first thing I did to no avail.

The Vmax4 board doesn't do this. But I noticed they are running vBulletin Version 3.5.0 on that site. Was that the version here before the upgrade? I never really paid any attention to that.

I am also noticing that problem of having to click the back button twice, But i dont have a problem with not being able to type a whole sentence.I just typed this without any problems.Not that my grammar is good or anything .Anywho hope it gets worked out, this is still a great site regardless.

Last edited:
I am running Windows Vista SP1 and IE7. I will try tomorrow to see if this effects my Windows XP SP2 & IE7 machine. I can see it having somewhat of an effect as Vista is slower than XP. I will report back with my findings.

Last edited:
As stated by Convert, please post you Browsers and operating System. I am running XP and Mozilla and have zero issues, and IE7 in 2 locations with Zero problems. That tells me its not the server but something your PC has done with cookies and temp files since the change over..... Please post as stated the Browser you are using and Operating System so we can help try and figure this out.

shortstop20 said:
I can see it having somewhat of an effect as Vista is slower than XP.
:eek: :dunno: Not for me. Vista kicks XP's a$$ in just about all areas as far as I'm concerned, especially security. Of course I build all my own PC's and run a tight ship. I also trim the OS of all the services and crap I don't need or use. Iirc I had XP's running services down to 12 and on this Vista box I'm down to 26 services running right now. Very stable, not one crash since install last summer.

Vista w/IE7

I am now on my XP pro SP2 (IE7) box at work and I have exactly the same issues as I do at home. I also see here that I'm have the typing problems that someone else posted about previously.

issues

I'm running Vista, my computer is less then 2 months old, worked fine on the site prior to your upgrade.
I also visit corvette forum and don't see any issues there and they have ads changing also. My keeps re-setting every 2 - 3 seconds, it says downloading picture help and a second thing ads.ty4 stroke. com, these are tough to read because they diasappear very quickly. It's really annoying

vista and IE7. also noticed that in the pull down menu for the back botton its listing the first few advertizements as pages. thats why it takes a few times hitting the back botton to actual go back.

Back