Bands you just wont listen to.

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I just got this idea from the AC/DC post and I thought it would be a neat idea to see what kind of tunes people don't like to listen to.I'm going to start a list of my own here and encourage others to do the same and the idea is make a list of bands/singers that when you hear them on the radio you change the station or if a cd is playing you skip to the next one,you get the gist.
In no particular order:
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers ----cant stand their music,bordering on hate
2. U2 -------- not a fan
3. Beatles ------ never liked them never will
4. Pink Floyd ------ that's right I said it,I just don't get it why people go so nuts for them
5. Rolling Stones ------- it's not that I hate their music but I wish the local radio stations would just give them a rest

I'm sure I'll think of more but that will do for now.

Anything rap/hiphop or whatever its called - I CANT STAND THAT CRAP

I am a hard rock/metal type but OK rock bands that I take a pass on? hmm

Aerosmith - I cannot stand Steven Tylers singing (if thats what you call it)
Beatles - Never a fan
Poison - BLAAAAAAAAA

Lol!

Old Aerosmith is good.....can't stand the new stuff. Hate Van Halen.....especially the Sammy Hagar stuff. No Michael Jackson on the list yet?

Madmatt

I like 2 songs from the beatles , Obla dee obla dah life goes on,,, and OH DARLIN' Please believe me,,, but as far as HATIN PINK FLOYD,,,,,Get with a REAL PRETTY WOMAN,,,get a few bottles of REALLY CHEAP WINE, and go lay on a blanket about 2am OUTSIDE in your backyard with PINK FLOYD THE WALL in a (ghetto blaster) (slang for a portable CD player) and see what happens... Preferably try this in the summertime,,, but you COULD do it in the winter,, you'll just need MORE CHEAP WINE!!!! eventually,, you'll LOVE PINK FLOYD!!!! It will bring back FOND MEMORIES...

Last edited:
For me,, it was the FRONT SEAT of my 1972 Dodge Charger in the "forest preserves" (the woods) here in "surburban Chicagoland".. The CD was actually a EIGHT TRACK TAPE and THE WALL just came out a few months ago... Her Name was KAREN, and SHE was a 5' 8" 105lb ITALIAN girl with JET BLACK HAIR!!! ABSOLUYELY BEAUTIFUL,,, Her nickname was "cleo" (short for cleopatra).. It was late october and we had a few bottles of CHEAP WINE.... We drove DEEP INTO the woods (about 600 feet) and it was raining lightly...WE drank the wine, listened to PINK FLOYD and did WHATEVER came to our little minds... 3 or 4 hours later,,, the RAINY,leaf scattered, ground FROZE SOLID and I SMASHED EVERY SINGLE FENDER,DOOR,QUARTER PANEL, trying to get out from being a block into the woods.. I don't think there was a tree that I DIDN'T HIT!!!!!.. The girl passed away a half dozen years ago (god bless her) and the car went to the junkyard,,,but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE PINK FLOYD...... ESPECIALLY THE WALL...... Gary Oles nosboy

YA*AM*A*HEAD said:
country music ....no good
but i do like everything fourbarrel doesnt like ....

I agree about the country music. I cannot stand it.

I like the chili peppers a lot. U2 is hit or miss. I love U2's "numb" and the old stuff from the Joshua Tree days.

I was a DJ at UW Stevens Point's 90 fm for 4 years, had my own industrial show as well.

While I like my NIN, Rammstein, Prodigy etc, I like a lot of other bands and a lot of types of music.

But let's see for music I hate besides ACDC, country, warrant, motley crue;

Celine Deion
Kenny G
Sellout new metallica
new radicals
4 non blonds
amy winehouse

I am sure there are others

Yeah I see a few bands & genre's in some of the posts that I too should have added to my list.Hip hop/rap I refuse to even acknowledge as a music and therefore you could say I do in fact hate it but as far as country I can listen to it but prefer the classic rock and hair bands as they are called.
Oh I thought of another band to add to my personal list of station changers and that would be the Doors,never really got into them and can't say as I really ever care to.

I just hate 70's stuff....Always hated the beatles also
I just can't stand hippie stuff.

I'm an 80'S Guy...!!!!!!!!! :bash:
I used to listen to THE BOSS a lot on my younger days back in Argentina.

I do listen to some country here and there....

My favorites.

Billy Idol.
Dire Straits.
Bob Marley.

Back