homemade mountain peformance transfer kits

UMGlasgow said:
Here are a few pics of the kit. Really for $50 bucks the kit is a steal. It is really one of the best mods I have made to my '02 MM... But for the guys building their own, more power to ya!
$50 US, I'm in Canada- our dollar sucks!! Thanks for the picture. It helps.

You are replacing the rear bolts that connect the gold colored metal straps running next to the rear shock. The new bolts are threaded in while holding the metal tube so that the bolts are inside. The bolts almost touch when threaded all the way in. That is the upper perch for the straps. The straps do sit fairly close together.
venture 700, With this kit you are required to cut the nub end off the bolt that runs through the middle part of the rear scissors, after it exits the nut. Your scissors must move freely all the way back.Hope this makes since. soc

sockeyerun said:
You are replacing the rear bolts that connect the gold colored metal straps running next to the rear shock. The new bolts are threaded in while holding the metal tube so that the bolts are inside. The bolts almost touch when threaded all the way in. That is the upper perch for the straps. The straps do sit fairly close together.
venture 700, With this kit you are required to cut the nub end off the bolt that runs through the middle part of the rear scissors, after it exits the nut. Your scissors must move freely all the way back.Hope this makes since. soc
Got it done, thanks for the help.

I know this is an old thread but just so everyone knows - I recently tried to order a transfer kit from Mountain Performance for my 99 MM and they told me they are no longer making anything for Yamaha 2 strokes at all and are focusing only on 4 stroke parts. I told them that it was very misleading that they still had all the 2 stroke for sale on their web site and should remove it if they are no longer selling it. I think Hartman Inc. is still selling products for our 2 stroke Yamahas!

im in the same boat right now.. ive been talking to rx-1mountain and he has made his own t.e.k. I pmed him and this is what he said...

yes i made my own transfer enhancement kit. i bought 2 belts about 1 1/2 inches wide and 20 inches long. you will also need 2 bushings as big as the top of your transfer rods. i just cut the top of my transfer rods off wiht a grinder and use the tops for the bushings! and just drill your own holes in the belts just as long as your backarm dont go ahead and touch those wheels in between the rails. if you will wait til saturday i will give you the measurements that on mine right now. im going away for 3 days tomorrow and i will get it then.

it seems real basic. i just cant think of what to make the straps outa??
Hey buddy could you hook me up with the pics and what you used. I'm trying to buy the kit but seems to be no longer available

Back