Wide running board conversion

Should Hugh strip his tunnel???

• Strip the tunnel and polish

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • Leave that old bla looking blue

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Great thanks! Ordered my cat parts last night and going to use a dimple die kit to make some traction holes. I will post pics when I am done

I picked up the apex running board edges from haydays ....... In the package from yamaha.......$10 for 2!!! lol. I should have bought the all the ones buddy had.He had lots too! Probably someone from this site more than likely cause he knew of this mod and i told him it was exactly what i was doing.

So I guess I have a few questions... Isn't the "roll" on the running board there for support? After asking this, do you need to support the tunnel in any fashion? Also where do you get the filler piece? Close up pictures of the footwell area?
Thanks Mike

The edge you will rivet on is far stronger than the edge that is rolled. You can get used edges from junked sleds. Best way is to just order the cat ones listed earlier.

Ok I want to try this too, but that scares me. Can you post how he messed up and the remedy. Pictures would be great too. Thanks

Well here's what i did. When cutting off the rolled up part left in the footwell i cut into the bracket under it. I was in a hurry and not thinking, first mistake. Me cutting bracket second. Not happy but fixable just looking for how to go about it. The weld for the trailing arm is untouched and solid. Its only that front half of the bracket and the big plate (brace) on the side by belly pan rivits to it. First question is it fine left the way it is? This looks to be non structural but i dont know. Second should i just drill it out and have it welded and rivit back in? If i do take out the bracket what kind of rivits art those big head ones on the foot rest that go all the way to the trailing arm bracket. I have tons of the yamaha double grip rivits so the small ones im good, just need help finding big ones. They look pretty heavy duty. Cant find them on the yamaha fisch so need help there. Need some advise on this one guys, thanks.

test
DSCN1384.jpg

pics are working for me in this thread super. how were you trying to post the pic? I did it with an IMG code through photobucket (how I always post pics) I've got some ideas on your repair too but I want to go look at one of my stripped down chassis' tommorrow first. I'll pm you tommorrow

Still cant post pics or edit. Not sure whats up cause its just this thread. I always post pics through "go advanced" or post reply. So not sure what up, maybe just me.

took a look at the M7 running boards, they are not bent like BTV's are. BETHEVIPER, did yo bend your to fit??

Back