defective parts

rtjim

defective parts from bzktm8

what do we do about people selling defective parts and then not making good on it! I like this site and come to share knowledge and gain plenty, but I do like being taken advantage of like another member bzktm8 did to me! I trusted him and 210 dollars later and I am screwed!

Last edited:

I contacted him and this is his reply "you bought it used from me as is" 210 bucks down the drain!!!! hope we don't more folks like him on this site.
this is his TY member id "bzktm8"

Last edited:
You would think a guy with 2 sleds being parted out on here wouldn't want bad press. Someeople just don't care

well i know it don't help you and it sucks but atleast you saved others from
getting screwed by this dirt bag,thanks for throwing out this loosers name..

hope tom banns him in the end...

MrSled, you should be aware that the part apparently worked when installed on the sled the first time. This is a quote from another thread. I added the bold to the section that I find interesting. I'm not sure where the responsibility is but it appears we don't have the whole story over here in this thread.

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56549

rtjim said:
I just bought a electric start from another member and well, wire harness was missing and the starter only lasted a couple of hours, his reply "you bought it used from me as is" 210 bucks down the drain!!!! hope we don't more folks like him on this site.
this is his TY member id "bzktm8"

Last edited:
Hmmm thanks Ian, if it worked then shi t happens.... how would the seller know.... and did it specify the harness when being sold.... I think we need more resolution.

Was there a issue with getting vehicle to start? Did it turn over along time before your sled actually started? What happened during the first couple hours?

It started the sled just fine in the garage twice and then we went for a ride and then it would not work! even if you jump the system or bypass the relay nothing happens!

Last edited:
MrSled said:
if you bought this from me, I would say you are SOL, it was a used part and there is no guarantee.

My thought too. You bought a used electrical part. The fact that it worked and then didn't tells me it was good when you started. Maybe you have an issue on the sled that is frying the starter. Must have been a reason you needed a different one.

Have you ever returned an electrical part back to napa or vip? ANswer no. They wont return electrical parts for a reason. I see your point that it sucks but there are many equasions to look at and if it worked when he shipped it out what can he do?

I did not ask for my money back just split the cost of a starter rebuild. 40 bucks that all I asked of him! There was no reason to insult me an say I installed it incorrectly. I am sure it was good when he took it out, but things happen and if the tide was turned I would work it out with him. He won't even answer his email's.

Sorry dude, but at this point, I can't blame him for not answering your email. It sucks when something breaks, but if it worked when he sold it, then it's not his responsibility. I know if that happened to me, I'd pissed but I wouldn't blame the seller. Rebuild the starter and move on.

sleddineinar said:
Sorry dude, but at this point, I can't blame him for not answering your email. It sucks when something breaks, but if it worked when he sold it, then it's not his responsibility. I know if that happened to me, I'd pissed but I wouldn't blame the seller. Rebuild the starter and move on.

I agree.

$290 is still cheaper than a new starter kit from yamaha ..... but were it me, I would have worked with you a little, maybe not $40, but I would have helped you out some.

I suppose it has to do with a lot of different things. Personally, if i were parting out sleds and used TOTALLYAMAHA for FREE to advertise and "MAKE MONEY" off of,, i suppose I would work on a resolution and settled it "out of court" and NOT HAVE my NAME TARNISHED on this site.. COME ON NOW,,,, He's advertising for FREE!!!! Was it just $40.00 that could have eliminated this mess?? if it was,, I WOULD send you the FOURTY DOLLARS and saved this MESS!!!! If I buy a used starter, I WOULD EXPECT it to work MORE THAN TWICE.... Maybe just GIVE IT BACK to the guy FOR FREE (if you KNOW WHAT I MEAN???) Sounds like a ROADTRIP to me!!!!!

Back