Hey!!! The 2010's Are Out

katkiller

How Boreing For Us Flatlanders,i Have A 06 Apex Gt There Have Been No Changes To This Model For 5 Years And Counting.
No More H.p.
No Less Weight
Just Different Colors
I've Dropped 30# Of My Sled,why Cant They
I Think The R1 Bike Is Aprox. 190 H.p.
I Think -5# And +5 H.p. Every Year Would Have Really Boosted
Market Share.
Don't Get Me Wrong It's A Great Sled
But Now It's Really Boreing
I'm Switching To Another Brand Possibly 1200 4-tec Doo?

From what I've been reading, Yamaha is loosing a lot of customers this year. People want change and Yamaha didn't bring any. Kind of a risky move especially since all the other manufacturers have made some pretty significant changes over the past couple of years.

Yamaha might be loosing costumers, but I'm sure nobody is making any new ones, that is for sure.

I'm afraid Doo, Cats and Polaris might be coming with hot new things but lets see how many they sell.....Is tuff to introduce new models and stuff and have them sitting at the dealer for a few seasons, remeber this are not 5-7 thousand dollar sleds anymore, we are always talking over 10 grand.

I remember going to the dealers a few years back and ask them what they have for non current brand new sleds.....They gave me a pretty long list, that must not be good for them. I'm sure it will happend again.

Just my toughts...

Nick

we had the nytro new while the oters had their new stuff. the apex is due, but they have updated the details on it, not unlike th f sleds the last few years, and the xp this year.

Ask yourself this.......as for 4 strokes, what has anyone done to top Yamaha? Cat's turbo if lame from the factory. You have to do some EXTRA stuff to make it go like it should. Poo's turbo is ho hum to say the least. The 1200 4 tech is getting decent reviews......but it's a 1200. They had to go bigger cc's to get what Yamaha is doing at around 1000cc. It has more top end than a Nytro, but the Nytro is geared low and not a top end machine. From 0 to 90...the Nytro smokes it. The Apex/LTX or ATTAK still runs with the big iron and they haven't changed a whole lot, so Yamaha is still way ahead in this type of market. It's funny, a couple years back Doo was making fun of Yamaha with their ads with weights on the front of their sleds to even the playing filed and basically bashing 4 strokes. Now here they are marketing the 1200 4 tech.

A snowmobile is a snowmobile. How much can it be changed?
And skidoo sells very sweet sleds with 600 motors for under 10k, some of the well under 10k.

the cheapo 500ss is 7200 and not as equipped as the base nytro. the adrenaline is 9500, not too far from $10k....

i wish honda would make sleds too. because, then watch out what Yamaha would release! it would be all about corporate pride in Japan then.

If honda made a sled, if they do, they will be expensive, heavy, and ho hum to ride. They would be 100% reliable however.

Yamaha had better change the apex for 2011. Not that there is a lot wrongt with it, but it hasn't changed in 5 years.

For 2011...wait........the new era will begin.The return of the SRX..in 4-stroke form..call it the Formula:6 -SRX..Comes with new developed motor that is a V-6 putting out 300 Horsepower STOCK. If only...I would buy one for sure. Anything associated with the SRX name and History in a new sled,I would grab it. LOL ;)! ..I would :wel: it.

03viperguy said:
what makes you think the honda would be boring? isn't the cbr 600 the lightest, or close?

The best 600 this year is thew kawasaki zx6r. They are all very close in the sportbike scene, but the honda is not the best one in 600's.

Honda traditionally does make more tame bikes than other makers. That mentality is translated into the rest of their product line up. When they make something that is on the edge, they axe it like the S2000 car.

Don't get me wrong,Honda makes good products. But if you asked me what brand new 09 600 sport bike to get, the Honda would be at the bottom of the list.

I would say it would go in this order with the cbr being a bit off of the high marks the other 3 bikes have.
ZX6R
R6
GSXR600
CBR600RR

^Well stated and the new ZX6 is insane by the way I took one out this last Tuesday when it was 60 out and I WAS a big GSXR guy not anymore!!!!Ive owned 3 GSXR's but not anymore.

Its a dissappoinment bc the yammi rep I talked with at the Soo I-500 made it seem like we were in for a nice suprise for a race sled next year but I look forward to bringing the Nytro into the scene we helped do it with the RX1 and now I have a lighter and better ergo sled with only 6 less hp but theres parts for that :)

Bill

I meant weight wise I thought the cbr was about the lightest. and the s2k is axed because they aren't selling. have you heard about the replacement for it, and the next nsx?? they still make crazy cars, just not in the usa lol!

Katkiller

Thanks For All The Input Guys,but Knowone Answered My Base Question? It Vwas'nt Price Or Switching Brand Because Of Reliability.everyone Else Tries To Lighten There Sleds And Or Ad Horsepower Ever 2 Years Give Or Take.
Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!won't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yamaha!?

name a few of these sleds that keep getting more hp each year? the firecat that lost power from 2003 on? the sdi 600 doos are not any different than when they started, but they added weight over the years with more wheels in the skids and the such. the polaris, not really sure but they have been at about the same power until they added the second injector on the new 600. the vector added power this year, they changed and I thought lightened the front end of the nytro. see my point? :)

03viperguy said:
I meant weight wise I thought the cbr was about the lightest. and the s2k is axed because they aren't selling. have you heard about the replacement for it, and the next nsx?? they still make crazy cars, just not in the usa lol!

The cbr600rr may be the lightest, but even if it is not, it will be within 10 lbs of the lightest. I do like the looks of the new silver/ black and blue one with blue wheels. But I bet that one is only for the euros.

No car is selling well. Ones that are not practical like the 2 seater s2000 just make sense to axe. Plus the insurance rate on the s2000 went through the roof.

That black and green 09 cbr600rr is just wrong IMHO.

The recent AMA test in Fontana proved that the 100% brand spankin new zx6 is extremely fast, posting quicker lap times even with stock forks with no aftermarket internals. taht was the forst race pas put on the new zx6r, and it whooped the mostly same for 09 cbr600rr, the tried and true top of the pack from last year r6, and the same as last year gsxr600 even though those other makes had good baseline/ race setups from last year. The new Kawi just happened to accept the rear shock from last years zx10r, so that helped a little. And ok, Rog and Jamie are probably the 2 best 600 riders out there. That helped Kawi a bit. Hayes is not running the 600's much this year, focusing on the new r1 unlike previous years on the 600's. B Boz is running the big iron as well, I think that he is running the r6 as well. With the new DMG run AMA rules and classes I need a few more weeks to digest everything and get 100% up to speed with what is what and who is running excactly what races.

Yamaha should have at least found a way to drop a few pounds from the apex, but he new bigger vector with EFI sounds like a perfect trail sled.

"That black and green 09 cbr600rr is just wrong IMHO."

i think it looks badass,

That 09 zx-6 looks freakin' awesome as well, the monster graphics are saweet! i'd be all over it but not looking at 600s.

enough of this honda being last on the list, they are number one on my list for reliability and second on my list for looks next to yamaha.

the new R1 has 190 hp?!?! holy!

Back