Hey!!! The 2010's Are Out

2010 Apex Gt LTX

MSRP $12,399* USA
MSRP $17,099 Canadian

It is hard to justify that kind of cash for a sled when the riding season can be short and unpredictable.

Ain't that the truth.The pricing is far out of reach for most people.With the economy and the dollar not worth as much as it used to be,I will keep my old sleds running.Can't see myself putting out $17,000.00 plus $2040.00 (taxes) and insurance to an amount over $20,000 easily.Would first but myself a new Truck because I use it to take me to work in order to make $$$$$$.The prices have quadrupled since when I bought my 81 SRX.And I thought $4000.00 for that SRX was getting up there already.
Remember...so you have insurance,maintenance,gas,trail passes,trailer and fees,apparel..etc.If I didn't lose 50% in my mutual funds(retirment funds)maybe in a few years I might have spent some $$ on a new sled.If anything I would keep my eyes open for a 5 year old sled instead.
How on earth do the manufactures expect to pickup new first time rider(buyers) when prices scare you right out the door.Sure as the Local Yami dealer told me last year when I was looking at the new 4-strokes...only so much $$$ per month payments and it is yours right now.Seems cool,but this payment is for something like 8 years.You know what the price of the sled is after you pay it off..you don't want to know.And when you do..it is old already and you have to look to buy another.
I myself love wrenching on the older sleds and prefer to keep my older sleds looking and running like new with just new parts..it is cheaper and I can still do 110 mph.Anyways each to their own,I love sledding and always will.

I agree buying a new truck is more economical and they are going down in price rather than up!!! The sled pricing blew me away when I grabbed the list. I dont think they are going to get to many first time buyers here. Like you said Blue, by the time you finance the sled at their rates you pay through the nose and then have an older sled at the end... Why are the Canadian prices so high and the US still at par with last year? They must not like us canadians, yet we have some of the best riding here!!!

Hey Blue hows it going? Did you go for a ride after all the snow Wed and Thurs? Whats the water situation on the river by your place. I was sand bagging in St. Andrews. My buddy got an evacuation notice and we had to get our sleds out of his place before they became boats...lol... Its all good there for now, the ice jam broke up and the water went down....

cam...water level is staying down for now because of the colder weather.I still wanna prepare to put up my flood wall,but the ground is frozen around the house with piles of snow in the way.I have time yet tp prepare.Water may come up to about 2 feet lower then my flood pad.It is my mom's place we have to hussle.The crest level predicted is eaqual to her main floor elevation.We have to go put up her 8 foot flood water and that is a chore to do.All the openings in my concrete pad that except my 4x4 steel uprights are frozen solid down to 16".Should be a challenge to melt away in time.Bought a 500,000 BTU torch that you hook up to propane tanks.May even try laying salt on each opening to see if it melts some ice.I have to move all my sleds to higher ground and all the rest of my things in the garage in back yard.Water may hit half way up the garage door the way I see it.I have 4x4 angle iron cross bracing that are 12 feet long to haul up.I can't carry them.May try with my 600 to drag each one of them up to the house,since the area there is ice and snow,should slide easily.This cold spell is hampering some of our progress to set up properly our flood proofing walls.
I took my 600 out for a run on Monday,was hectic..hitting drifts and sinking thru ice in the ditches..wasn't much fun,but got 18 miles on.Noticed alot od sled tracks along the perimeter Hwy ditches to.

SRX500_129 said:
talk about prices.. In Norway they pay over 24 000 $ for a new RX-1

Is that translated in canadian dollars? If so that is alot of money to pay for a sled....

Blue, hope you can get your flood protection up. I know the cold is hampering you but it is helping the water levels by keeping the snow from melting and having all the ground run off run into the river also. Sounds like you have quite a bit of work to do. I hope the water levels dont go as high as they say but they sure have alot of water south of us heading this way. There are a fair amount of sled tracks around the perimeter, not sure if I would ride the ditches now because of all the water underneath. I went a little north of hwy 44 and it is alot better that way. Put on about 160khm, I finally put the sleds away today. Got some work to do on the viper though, going to make her all shiney and clean.... If you need help diking or putting up barriers dont hesitate to let me know. Dont want to see any one out of their home....

Ski-Doo's 1200 4 tec is 200 cc larger but it also is alot lighter. They are not in a HP war. They are into smooth reliable power with good fuel economy. There 600 E-Tec 2 stroke gets up to 25 MPG. Polaris has always been in the lead suspension wise with Ski-Doo right there with them. I don't really follow A/C so I am not sure. Myself I am losing faith in Yamaha and may jump ship next year. I am really looking hard into a new Ski-Doo. I will keep my old 94 because it really isn't worth much.

sandmanmike1 said:
Ski-Doo's 1200 4 tec is 200 cc larger but it also is alot lighter. They are not in a HP war. They are into smooth reliable power with good fuel economy. There 600 E-Tec 2 stroke gets up to 25 MPG. Polaris has always been in the lead suspension wise with Ski-Doo right there with them. I don't really follow A/C so I am not sure. Myself I am losing faith in Yamaha and may jump ship next year. I am really looking hard into a new Ski-Doo. I will keep my old 94 because it really isn't worth much.

define "Alot Lighter" A recent magazine test of "dry weight" shows less than 25# between the 1200 and the Nytro. The 1200 does ride nicer but the 09+ Nytro handles better IMO. I spent time on both this winter. If the Nytro had a bigger fuel tank it would be the hands down winner to me in this comparison. The small fuel tank has me looking at getting the Vector LTX GT instead.

Back