new doos

03viperguy

so now is everyone feeling better about the small changes yamaha made? the x package is a spring only thing and a few minor tweaks to in season sleds. and a racer special for spring order. not really a lot more than yamaha I don't think. I still think it will be a year of small changes across the board.

SO the biggest news for 2010 is the polaris rush, everything else is NPG and tweaks.

The economy is to blame for little done to the 2010 lineup from 09.

if the markets keep getting worse,I'll have to sell the sleds just to put food on the table.It is crazy how much $$$$ I have lost already in the market.I may now get off my azz and pull the remainder out..it is getting scary.Can't see me buying a new sled now for a long time,but I lost enough that I could of bought 3 Apex's already(Canadain prices) Prices of the damn sleds in general all have to come down back where they were 20 years ago,or the sales will drop for sure.heard already the price of gas is going to spike BIG time come this summer..more gouging coming to the general public.

Thought long and hard about buying a 2010 this year, but to scared whats to come with work. Seems you can never be to careful with the money income anymore. I'll keep on ridin the Nytro for a few more years. ;)! :letitsnow

I am staying on the 03 viper till it is completely used up :) only has 9000 miles so far, all of them by me and the plan has ALWAYS been to get my $$ worth, even more so now

03viperguy said:
I am staying on the 03 viper till it is completely used up :) only has 9000 miles so far, all of them by me and the plan has ALWAYS been to get my $$ worth, even more so now

viperguy, I'm curious...during your 9,000 miles, have you had any major repairs or have you overhauled (ie, top end, clutch, drivetrain related, etc) anything on it?

I had one bushing that needed replacing in the clutch, one pv cable snapped (and not where they usually do and NOT because of a sticky or stuck valve!) and this season the header was welded as it had a small crack in it. I replaced the skid with a mono at 6500 or so miles and at that point I had needed to replace NOTHING in the skid, just rebuilt the shocks once and that was to revalve them. a few sets of sliders, but NO wheels or w arms :) never had the head off and no real need to :) my compression at this point is 125, 125, and like 115 or 118 or so. so yes, I am getting my $$ worth with this one for SURE!!! :)

good to hear... do you often retorque everything? Do you fog your sleds when storing them? With all the vipers going down with bad crank bearings, i'm just trying to determine what things I might do to keep things right. It sounds like keeping the heads torqued might be the one thing to do to keep coolant from leaking when it sits for long periods.

03viperguy said:
yeah, and horkn you said polaris would have more, you promised me ;)

Levi Lavallee lied to me then as well. ;)

Well hopefully they get the 800 CFI thing worked out for 2010...

nope, no retorque of anything other than checking on the skid from time to time. I drain the gas and then rn it until it dies, using the choke to keep it running as long as possible. thats about it. I am a neat freak and keep it clean, but that does nothing other than make me feel good lol! good luck with yours :)

Back