99 sx transformation

Here are some pics of the engine fully assembled,

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

Just got my engine in and everything assembled that is necessary to start. Here are some pics, it started up and ran like it was brand new ;)! . I still need to paint the can though.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

and here is my new track

IMG_0021.jpg

I still have quite a bit of work to do with the suspension but I think I have it figured out. I will post pics of the progress.

;)! WOW, nice, your sled :rulez:, is that a 1.5inch track?? how much did you pick it up for? im in the process of adding SXR front shocks to my 97 sx7, alot of little projects to be done on it, gonna be a tottaly different sled when im done....

The track is a 136" cobra which has 1.375" lug, so it's in between a 1.25 and 1.5. It's the max height though for 9 tooth drivers lol.

I wouldn't use that stuff in the spray cans. It is in French !!! :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though, what did you use to clean the engine bay. Very clean with no oxidation, I like that a lot !!!

I used Gunk brand engine cleaner. I just sprayed it on and scrubbed it down with a paint brush then washed it off with water. It needed a little touch up after but it cleaned very well. I used this on all of my other parts as well and it worked very well.

Oh and SX SLAYER I forgot to mention I got the track brand new from royal distributing for about $700 including tax.

Just an update on progress, I put on a dual bulb headlight and painted the rest of the exhaust. Rear skid is almost mounted just need to make some drop brackets. Here are some pics:

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

Nice vid but you gotta do something about having Polaris written across that seat :rofl: .Seriously though I like how high the seat is,I'd like to do something similar to my SRX I know my knees would certainly appreciate it.

Yah I know thats the only thing I don't like about the seat. I need to get a custom cover made for it, just haven't found anywhere that will do it. But I think that will wait till next year, I have already spent enough lol.

I just finished putting my rear suspension in on the weekend and it all seemed to go well. My project is pretty much done now, all I need to do is set up the suspension when the snow comes. Here are some pics:

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

Many more km's to come
IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

Rid the polaris..

I think you can paint it with black vinyl paint. I did a jet ski seat a few years ago and its still holding up fine.

musselman said:
Yah I know thats the only thing I don't like about the seat. I need to get a custom cover made for it, just haven't found anywhere that will do it. But I think that will wait till next year, I have already spent enough lol.

That sled looks dead sexy Where did you get that skid plate? Looks good man, really clean under the hood.

musselman said:
Thanks, the skid plate is a yamaha ultra plate that I cut down so it didn't drag in the snow.

Just wondering where did you get it to? I ordered an RSR one, it was only $65 so i don't know what quality will be like... All the Yamaha dealers around here don't stock Pro-Action chassis skid plates anymore. Doesn't really matter now anyways, wasted enough money on front suspension bushings, DON'T buy them from kimpex, none of them fit!! The ones that did fit were slacker than the used ones!!!

I got it like 7 years ago at my yamaha dealer, don't know if they still have them. I have an RSR skid plate for my 97 XT, it doesn't fit as good as the yamaha but it looks pretty good.

Back