99 sx transformation

musselman said:
Yah I know thats the only thing I don't like about the seat. I need to get a custom cover made for it, just haven't found anywhere that will do it. But I think that will wait till next year, I have already spent enough lol.
There is someone here on TY that does seats I cant remember who but they have yamaha blue vinly also He said he wanted to stick with the newer seat styles . Might just need the old seat cover for a template! I believe I seen it in the classified section I think it was bluemonster I may be wrong on this but its worth a shot!

Last edited:

Thanks I will look into that. I definitely want to do something with it, either paint, dye or a new cover, I just need to decide.

seat

There is a way to remove the polaris on the seat i did it on mine and it worked fine. I saw on one of your picture that you had electrical cleaner. Try with this and after just put a leather wax or something like that on it and you'll have a new seat!

DSC00908.jpg

I never had heating problems because i don't do a lot of trail im mostly in mountains or in powder. ;)

fox_racing74 said:
There is a way to remove the polaris on the seat i did it on mine and it worked fine. I saw on one of your picture that you had electrical cleaner. Try with this and after just put a leather wax or something like that on it and you'll have a new seat!
How exactly do you remove the letters? Using a rag or brush? I tried last night with the electrical cleaner and it didn't seem to work to well and it damaged the orange a little as well. I might be doing it wrong though.

lacquer thinner on a rag will work, do it easy with your fingertips trying to stay just on the letters, it will damage the orange a little thats why he used a vinyl shine after, it will help hide the damaged area. if it messes it up too much just get a can of SEM vinyl dye of the color of your choice, i've done complete color changes on car interiors with it and it holds up excellent

I picked up some lacquer thinner last night and managed to remove the letters fairly easily. The orange part of the seat did get damage a bit though so I may have to use a vinyl paint to fix it. I think I will leave it to next year though, at least there is no more polaris lol. I will post some pics tonight.

I found some vinyl/fabric paint at canadian tire. I decided to change the colour of the seat and I think it looks much better. Here are some pics:

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

I just hope it holds up alright. From what I have heard this stuff works alright though. Does anyone know if you can apply a protectant like armor all to this paint once it has dried?

SNOWing

hay musselman REALY! nice sled. the two 35w bulbs work 4 u.in vid looks like 1 was on don't know.other thin that bad s.o.b! :yam:

780srxgeorge said:
hay musselman REALY! nice sled. the two 35w bulbs work 4 u.in vid looks like 1 was on don't know.other thin that bad s.o.b! :yam:
Thanks, yah that vid was taken before I installed the 2 35W. I will take some pics of my setup and of the headlight and post them up . ;)!

Does anyone know if you can apply a protectant like armor all
yes you can, and i'd recommend you do, i don't know exactly what products you guys have above the border but i'd try to find a more professional grade product than armor-all, maybe some of your fellow canadians could suggest something better

staggs65 said:
yes you can, and i'd recommend you do, i don't know exactly what products you guys have above the border but i'd try to find a more professional grade product than armor-all, maybe some of your fellow canadians could suggest something better
What do you recommend to use that you guys have in the states?

Here are some pics of my seat installed and my headlight setup with 2 35W bulbs from a grizzly 700:

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

that looks great, i use ardex details, but i have a distributor that delivers to my shop, something by meguiars or mothers would probably be better than armour-all. in my experience armour-all seemed to dry out upholstery and cause it to crack

Well my riding season has just about come to an end and I will be continuing my project. I have an M-10 to install and a list of other mods, stay tuned for progress.

Here are some pics of my M-10, still need to find some extensions to make it a 136.

DSC04461.jpg

DSC04462.jpg

I also plan on doing the wide running board conversion. I got the edges from a 2002 arctic cat zl 600 and they were $30 each here in canada.

DSC04464.jpg

DSC04465.jpg

Did some practicing unrolling the edge on the crashed sled I have, it's not too hard. Just have to make sure I can smooth out all the bumps.

DSC04463.jpg

I finally got my sled home this weekend. Got to go for a little rip on the lake up north but not too much snow around.

I made some progress on the running board mod, it turned out really good and they are super wide. About 6.5" all the way to the bend. I'm going to fab up some footrests for the back as well that give a little more support than the plastic.
here are some pics:

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

Back