Extremely Disappointed in Yamaha's Lack of Resell Value & Confidence in snowmobiles

I dont know why your MAD at yamaha, youd be in the same boat if it was one of the other brands. Why are you buying a new sled and only riding it 56 miles the first season. Makes NO sense maybe you should of thought more about buying a new sled and how much you would ride it. Don't blame Yamaha not there fault things went to hell in a hand basket. WHY dont you give Obama a call maybe he can help you out.

mtnmaxman600@yahoo.com said:
I dont know why your MAD at yamaha, youd be in the same boat if it was one of the other brands. Why are you buying a new sled and only riding it 56 miles the first season. Makes NO sense maybe you should of thought more about buying a new sled and how much you would ride it. Don't blame Yamaha not there fault things went to hell in a hand basket. WHY dont you give Obama a call maybe he can help you out.

hell yeah!! a used sled buyout for everyone under water!! my 2 year old truck with 60000 miles is worth 12M when i owe 20M. i don't care cause i plan on putting 300000 plus miles on it.

a stock viper S, you might get $2500. i have over $5000 in add ons. what will i get if i sell, probably $2500. nature of the game.

sucks when you have to sell it so soon after buying, but that is the way it is.

same thing when my buddies bought '05 rx-1s. i told them to wait a year, but they didn't listen. 06 apexes come out with completely new chasis and looks awesome, now what do you think those '05 rx-1s were worth after one year?

mtnmaxman600@yahoo.com said:

Well let's see. GM now stands for Government Motors! YamObama sounds pretty good...NO VEHICLE SHOULD LOSE THAT AMOUNT OF RESELL FOR ONE YEAR AND THAT MANY MILES! YOU CAN JUSTIFY IT ANYWAY YOU WANT, BUT I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NEW ONE! SORRY, I don't go with that thinking at all.

There are two publications that you can reference for used vehicle prices! One is the NADA and the other is KBB! Both put this snowmobile around the $8,100.00 figure. However, I'm sure that does take into effect the rebates of 2K. Please, for whatever reason, whether you intended to keep the snowmobile 10 years or 1 year. Justify a 40% loss of resell the first year. It is what it is, and I just so happen to be selling it the first year due to my own circumstance, but i shouldn't have to take a bath in a loss like this! Again, I have learned my lesson, and will never buy a new one.........
SO WHO IS WILLING TO STEP UP AND BUY A BASICALLY NEW NYTRO WITH 56 MILES FOR 7K?????????

Ever feel like you are beating a dead horse. I'll agree with you that its a bad deal, but it is what it is. If you need to sell it then do so, take your loss, learn your lesson, and buy a used one next time. Doesn't matter what the economy is like. It's a toy so it loses value faster.

You buy a new car/truck, drive it off the lot, and decide 2 weeks later that you sell it. It's worth $10000 less than what you paid for it because it's used. That's how stuff works. Does it hurt when it's time to sell it Sure it does but getting on here and arguing about how Yamaha is is giving you the shaft accomplishes nothing. Maybe you should put an add up with some pictures and someone will take it off your hands so you don't have to look at it anymore.

Guess this just reinforces why I'm still riding a 99 sled. I can mod, cut it apart, and add stuff to my hearts content and its still worthless when I'm done:)

Lesson is learned. I did my research before buying this on the performance issues, but forgot one thing! The "resell value"!

I owe 20k on My '05 diesel truck and a friend of mine just bought an '09 basically the same truck for 23k. It's happening everywhere in this economy, not just Yamaha. Everything is on sale now and it is a buyers market for anything. Unfortunately, not everyone is in a buyers position. It's just the law of economics. It'll be coming back to normal soon.

Just be happy you do not sell electronics. The moment they leave the store they are worth half what you paid. I feel your pain, I too am out of work now, but I have started my own business now. I am happier, and now, my sled will still be mine. Be your own boss, keep your sled, and then in 4 yrs, you can sell it for a price you will then think is more reasonable.

you keep saying ONE year put a 2008 is two years old!
I dont know maybe you bought it as a left over?
but you can now buy 2010's so that makes a 2008 2 years old
56 miles or 2056 miles it is still 2 years old.
curious what did you ride before you bought a brand new 2008?

..SNAKEBIT.. said:
you keep saying ONE year put a 2008 is two years old!
I dont know maybe you bought it as a left over?
but you can now buy 2010's so that makes a 2008 2 years old
56 miles or 2056 miles it is still 2 years old.
curious what did you ride before you bought a brand new 2008?

Why would you buy a 2010? In a year your going to lose 40% of it's value!
I agree it's just not Yamaha, but most Powersports.
Tell me the difference between a 08,09,10.....besides the color, a sticker on the side of it???
I think my point is well made on the fact that snowmobiles are not good investments, but rather for riding and enjoying, but don't try to sell it to soon if you bought a new one.
Folks, a reasonable loss is acceptable, but not when you have rebates working against you too. A new 08 in 2008 or 2009 is still a new snowmobile?
First snowmobile I owned and will not have another new one.

FYI-Listed on:
4 Different-Craigslist Sites
2 Times-EBAY No Reserve Starting at $6,500 (No Bids)
4 Different-4x4 Boards
2 Different-Snowmobile Boards(including this one)
Offered back to Original Dealer at great price. Dealer won't even buy it, because they have to many in stock.
Offered at a give away price, and can't give it away! With accessories included.....

Last edited:
What is your bottom dollar on this? Maybe I can get it out of your life. The stress and aggrevation of thinking about it is bad enough, I know! I'm in the market for an used sled anyway.

BarneyMN said:
What is your bottom dollar on this? Maybe I can get it out of your life. The stress and aggrevation of thinking about it is bad enough, I know! I'm in the market for an used sled anyway.

7K......for 56 miles. You can't even buy a new from a Dealer with their rebates for that......throw in the Cover & Rollers.....has rear hitch bumper already installed.

Attachments

• Snowmobile4.jpg
    Snowmobile4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Snowmobile5.jpg
    Snowmobile5.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Snowmobile6.jpg
    Snowmobile6.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Snowmobile7.jpg
    Snowmobile7.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Snowmobile8.jpg
    Snowmobile8.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
There was alot of updates from 08 to 09 and more for 10, so thereis a big difference

evrgrnmtnman said:
Why would you buy a 2010? In a year your going to lose 40% of it's value!
I agree it's just not Yamaha, but most Powersports.
Tell me the difference between a 08,09,10.....besides the color, a sticker on the side of it???
I think my point is well made on the fact that snowmobiles are not good investments, but rather for riding and enjoying, but don't try to sell it to soon if you bought a new one.
Folks, a reasonable loss is acceptable, but not when you have rebates working against you too. A new 08 in 2008 or 2009 is still a new snowmobile?
First snowmobile I owned and will not have another new one.

FYI-Listed on:
4 Different-Craigslist Sites
2 Times-EBAY No Reserve Starting at $6,500 (No Bids)
4 Different-4x4 Boards
2 Different-Snowmobile Boards(including this one)
Offered back to Original Dealer at great price. Dealer won't even buy it, because they have to many in stock.
Offered at a give away price, and can't give it away! With accessories included.....
the point of buying a brand new $10,000 sled is to have the best time of your life on it, not put 50 miles on it a year and have it sit for months, shit man if i had a brand new nytro you'd never see me off it. I'm extremely happy with riding my 01 sxr......ride it every chance i get, apparently snowmobiling isn't the thing for you.

alright ,<now and then>then & now ,, sorry for your loss,.... me to.. bumm.. hope u get close to what u want.. other wise ,,... run sled as u do,, and get $10,000 at least ,,/.. in the year 2019,,. for a sled that has 560 miles... good luck either <>...

The consumer dictates resale, not the manufacturer. Its called supply and demand, If there is no demand, the price comes down! Sorry about your situation, but thats the facts.
I paid $7600 for my 09 XTX, and got my 04 Avalanche for $32000(new) when the MSRP was $43000. Bought both at the end of the season so that I wouldnt take the kind of hit you are.

Again, sorry for your unfortunate situation, but it sounds like you are realizing that it is not Yamahas fault.

Yeah its not Yamahas fault, but imagine what you would get for a 2008 Polaris with 56 miles on it!!! Yamaha always had the highest resale value, new or old, so your lucky you never bought a doo, poo or cat, right now they would be almost worth nothing, and evrgrnmtnman, have you thought about selling the sled in Canada? For that price it would be gone in the blink of an eye, 8 grand CAN it would not last I think

bravo-guy said:
Yeah its not Yamahas fault, but imagine what you would get for a 2008 Polaris with 56 miles on it!!! Yamaha always had the highest resale value, new or old, so your lucky you never bought a doo, poo or cat, right now they would be almost worth nothing, and evrgrnmtnman, have you thought about selling the sled in Canada? For that price it would be gone in the blink of an eye, 8 grand CAN it would not last I think

If you have any names of some websites or boards in Canada, please list them for me! I think over production for an assumed demand for the public also plays a part in the supply and demand. Let's say they only made a 1000 of these, and they were all gone in a month. The resell then would be alot higher....

Back