Sticker residue out......What to use...?

Nicko

Argentino Loco
Hey guys what is the best non abrasive sticker gunk out that you use, I need to clean the tunnel on my viper and some on the hood....

Thanks

Nick

Well I re-research and found some answers, Googone Goof off (done it before and never again) WD40 is what I will try, Peanut butter (not sure I want my sled stinking like PB and 2 stroke oil....

Mods feel free to erase this one....

Nick

Nicko said:
WD 40 is not doing it for me....Are you sure about the Mineral Spirits Daman...?
yes,,that's all i use for sticker residue like old trail permits or registration stickers,yep works good,Mineral Spirits is a weak cleaner will not hurt paint.

Ok, I will try it...email me your address so I can send you the paint shop bill, incase I screw it up....LOL....Thanks Daman....

You might try a penetration oil, I use "Kroil". Also I found that if I apply hot air from a plastic welder it will loosen real old stickers so that they peel off easily. Then use the Kroil to dislove the adhesive.

When I took my old regisration stickers off, I just took some duct tape and dabbed the residue, took it off with just a few dabs

brake cleaner works good for me. as long as the paint isnt from a bomb can it should work fine.

daman said:
On paint???? i would not,thats a strong cleaner!

Yeah, I made the mistake of trying carb cleaner on a windshield. It destroyed the windshield. Actually melted the plastic.

Back