curious question

sideshowBob said:
I don't know how sophisticated the CDI with its 3D mapping is but the TPS may do nothing more then tell the ECU where the throttle is and then the CDI uses that info to calculate/adjust the timing in comparison to the Engines RPM!?? That would make the timing variable not to just the throttle position but actually engine load at a given throttle setting!!!
For example, full trottle 8000 rpm would have more timing advance then full throttle 6500rpm.
snip

But when would you be at WOT and at 6500 rpm if the CVT is working properly? Also, I think spark advance is pulled back at higher rpms (peak spark advance is at lower - midrange- rpms).

Anyhow, agreed that we've whipped this to death and a general recommendation of setting it to the correct spec is probably the right thing to do, but could it also help or hurt a sled running close to deto and put it over the edge or could it be keeping a ragged edged (unknow fuel quality) sled from deto. A couple degrees can make all the difference.

It's been fun.

i'm going to take a few whacks at this horse i think i see a molar that hasn't been ground to dust yet

i'm going to 38mm machz carbs with my 780 topend, what do you do about the tps circuit. leave it unplugged? twin em together? put a resistor between the wires to give it a certain reading, or try to hook up the sensor to the other carbs? i know VALIN and JABBER800 have dealt with this so i'll be pm ing them but i wanted to get a few swings at this pile of horse guts

Remove the sensor from the rack keep it plugged in and just plastic tie it someplace it'll be outa the way..

Can someone please show me how they hook up the 4,5 v powersource, tps and the test coupler all at the same time?

Last edited:
Seems like it has been updated again:
2D1-85885-00-00 THROTTLE SENSOR ASSY

Seems like it has been updated again:
2D1-85885-00-00 THROTTLE SENSOR ASSY

Back