HELP! Some A$$ almost ruined my X-mas by putting bricks across trail,I HIT EM HARD!

yamahaorbust

So, I live in Moose Lake, MN... was out enjoying our foot and a half of fresh snow that we got nailed with the last day or so.... riding my sled in the ditches and on the trail when BAM.... I go flying of the SRX at 50 MPH! Slamming my stomach into the handlebars and landing on my back and neck! I'm okay, just sore as hell.... LOVE to find the M.F. that did it! But that's not what I need help with.... it threw my RIGHT ski WAY off alignment... No physical damage that I can see though.... The bricks where spaced out I almost went between them... but DIDN'T SEE THEM as they were covered in snow! Anyways...

QUESTION IS:

HOW DO I REALIGN SKI'S???? What bolts etc do I loosen and how do I do it.... first year sledding, and just bought my SRX 2 days ago!!!!!!!!!! So, trying to learn... PLEASE HELP! Can text so I can get it quickest? 218-310-9707
OR email hoytforsale@yahoo.com.... THANK YOU SO MUCH... and I HOPE TO GOD, NOBODY ELSE HAS A SIMILAR RUN IN!

Last edited:

Post some pictures so we can help you better.

I think somebody put those bricks there purposely and didnt want people riding there anymore.

Hold up I'll go outside and get some pix... YEAH THEY PUT THEM THERE ON PURPOSE... BUT IT'S THE STATE SNOWMOBILE TRAIL!!!!!

LEFT ski when facing sled from front.... SEE HOW TOE'D IN IT IS!!!!! I CAN MOVE IT WITH MY HAND WHILE KEEPING THE OTHER STRAIGHT! I can make it straight or move it, but should move the other ski when I move it, but it doesn't till it reaches a certain point... assuming a nut loosened or something? I HOPE! :whine:

Attachments

• Ski.JPG
    Ski.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 8
Hard to tell from the top not being able to look at the radius rods and all the snow around the front suspension.

I am really curious is something in fact did get bent and is just hard too see from those pictures. If your skis are out of alignment from that crash into the bricks, something has to be bent. It doesnt take much to throw it out off you hit something.

If I pull both ski's all the way to the right... then grab the right ski (facing sled) and try to pull just it.... the ski's don't budge.... and when I was driving home and would turn sharp left... the right ski (FROM DRIVING NOW) would turn almost all the way, like it was trying to touch the other ski!

Since the bricks were placed on a state snowmobile trail, you need to report it to the police or local state authorities. The a##hole will likely continue these actions until someone is hurt. This was a criminal act that could have resulted in severe injury or death. The bricks were put there to cuase injury and severe property damage. The state of NH convicted and idiot last year for doing the same type of malicious stunt. Thank God you are OK and the TY members will help you get your sled restored.

The tie rod has the left ski pushed pretty far out compared to your right ski

I would also inspect under the hood where the tie rod mounts up to the steer bar and inspect all the linkage under the hood. pull your pipes if you have to.

Oh I called... BUT the wonderfull town of Moose Lake, MN NEVER has any police officers on duty.... EVER!!!! I've left messages before, and today, and NOBODY EVER RETURNS THEM!!!!!! Trying to post pix of broken peice... GOD I HOPE IT'S A CHEAP FIX :( Merry x-mas to me :(

THAT GRAY PIECE THE TIE-ROD CONNECTS TOO, it's bent and cracked :( What's it called and how much? :(

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 7
Isn't that the right side? thats a VERY VERY cheap fix if thats all there is thats bent.

You can pick that part up here in the wanted section here for a few dollars.

That is your tie rod swivel

Yup, like I said... LEFT WHEN FACING SLED FROM FRONT, RIGHT WHEN RIDING :) Tie Rod Swivel???? I followed the tie rod up, no bends... that swivel is majorly bent from how it looks on the other side! And big break on top of it (can't see in picture)..... Thank God it's cheap... spent most my cash on the SRX and a MXZ the other day! Anyone know anyone on here selling one?????? AND THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!!!!!!

Back