HELP! Some A$$ almost ruined my X-mas by putting bricks across trail,I HIT EM HARD!

If and when you get/need a new spindle, make a mark the whole length of the spindle top to bottom woth a paint pen. If you ever have a problem again you will be able to see imediatley if it is twisted as the line won't be staight. Maxdlx

yamahaorbust said:
Oh I called... BUT the wonderfull town of Moose Lake, MN NEVER has any police officers on duty.... EVER!!!! I've left messages before, and today, and NOBODY EVER RETURNS THEM!!!!!! Trying to post pix of broken peice... GOD I HOPE IT'S A CHEAP FIX :( Merry x-mas to me :(

Notify the county police. It is very important that somone looks into it. A good chance that it was some kid or kids that did it and they will never be found, but it is a very dangerous thing and the cops should at least try to find out who did it. And if they do find out who did it, they should pay for the damage to your sled.

The part is called a steering arm.

Thanks. Found the Spindle is twisted slightly too... and the rotating reverse thread piece at the end of the tie-rod too! GRRRRRRRRRRRR..... now hopefully the local salvage yard has what I need.

The pix don't show well. So not worth posting. But the groves are twisted... they don't go straight down anymore...

What's the name of the reverse threaded piece that goes into the tie rod? Looks like an Eye bolt with a revolving joint like thing in the middle? Need one of them too. Tie rod looks good though... HUGE gouge out of ski!

yamahaorbust said:
What's the name of the reverse threaded piece that goes into the tie rod? Looks like an Eye bolt with a revolving joint like thing in the middle? Need one of them too. Tie rod looks good though... HUGE gouge out of ski!

Heim joint... double check whether it's left or right handed so you dont have to order 2 parts to get the correct one, been there, done that...

good job on getting all the parts you need and fixing it right. I didn't catch that broken threaded piece in the picture. You must have really nailed something good

Someone by my parents did that but put a snow barrier with a plow and the guy that hit it got killed.They caught the guy and charged him.

Glad to see you're not hurt bad. Last spring I hit a rock that was covered up by some fresh snow, I going about 75 mph and it bent/broke the trailing arm where the spindle goes into it. Fortunately I had a slightly bent spare in the garage. I know they probably won't, but I do hope they find the idiot who did it.

I too am glad you were not hurt. I was in an open area to riding in town, jumping big frozen snow covered mounds of grass, except one of them was a Big block chevy and not frozen. All I can say is, the BB chevy won.

Damn.... to many idiots out there putting stuff where it doesn't belong. No, I didn't get hurt to badly... THIS TIME! Yeah, and the police did NOTHING about it.

yamahaorbust said:
Damn.... to many idiots out there putting stuff where it doesn't belong. No, I didn't get hurt to badly... THIS TIME! Yeah, and the police did NOTHING about it.

Did you contact the DNR, the local police are less likely do deal with a snowmobile incident. I would tend to believe your local warden would be more interested the issue. I am glad that you are ok and didnt get seriously hurt.

Meat

Yup, as mentioned above... the spindle was twisted, the splines were all crooked... got a new one. Thanks for everyone's help. According to the USPS site, my last part will be here any minute... unfortunately it's 20 below, and the windshield is 40-50 below off and on... SO.... yeah, enough said. :(

Back